Rest in Peace Young Solider

Sage was taken back by the phone call by Stefan. She couldn't believe what she just heard.

"Your lying." She growled into the phone. But she knew Stefan doesn't mess around. He was true to what he says.

Sage was still in Kai's apartment, in his shirt and boxers. He on the other hand was asleep. Sage carefully shut the door to the bed room, and resumed back to talking to the youngest Salvatore.

"No. She's not dead. What about Vampire Blood! Stefan, what about magic!"

"Magic won't cure cancer, it only speeds up the disease. Where are you exactly?"

"I'm staying at a friends house, no need to fret. What time is the funeral?"

"Tomorrow at twelve. Sage, your father is in town, I ran into him when I was getting Matt-"

"Why!"

"Sage..... He's the new sherif."

Sage hung up her phone, leaning against the counter. Liz was dead. Kai had gotten out of the shower noticing the young witch leaning against the counter. Fresh tears running down the witches face.

Sage didn't hear Kai coming, he placed his finger underneath her chin forcing Sage to look up. But she didn't want to meet his gaze.

"Look at me Sage." Kai commanded the young witch. She looked up, feeling the tears come again. But she tried so hard to hold them back.

"What's wrong princess? Tell me. Take your time." He pulled her over the couch. Brushing her hair that matted around her face. It sacred Kai that the witch was crying. He had always thought she was hard enough. Strong enough that nothing would break her.

"Princess your scaring me, what's wrong." He cupped her face in his hand. She leaned into his touch, caressing her cheeks.

"Liz Forbes died. And my dad is becoming the new head chief." Sage looked at him, she was speechless of how sweet he was being towards her.

"Are you going to kill me?"

That question surprised him more than anything. She looked at him as if she was dead; as if Her emotions where off. She wanted her humanity off, she wanted this pain to leave.

"Why would I kill you?"

"I thought you wanted to."

"No no Princess. Why? Your the only one who hasn't caused a motive for me to kill you."

"I can't face him Kai. He left my mother because she found out that I was a witch, he left because of what my grams had taught me. He was a Vampire Hunter, he threatened to dagger Klaus if he ever came back. Kai he will rid this town of its supernatural beings."

"Shhh. It will be alright. I won't let anything like that happen. Remember I am mega powerful." He winked at her before kissing her forehead. Pulling her to rest her head in his lap. He ran his fingers through her brown curly hair. She moved closer towards him. Loving his touch.

"I won't let anyone take you away from me. I Promise you that." Kai kissed her lips, she brought her hand cupping his face. Sighing in the kiss, she hasn't felt like this in a long time. She pulled back, feeling the warmth of Kai.

"Sleep princess." He whispered stroking her hair softly. She fell asleep instantly. As Kai notice the witch was at peace when she was asleep.

******

"Caroline." Sage gave her blonde friend a hug. She didn't want to let go, she knew how devastated Caroline was. She was close to her mother. But the blonde pulled back

"How are you?"

"Can't complain."

Kai came up behind her, putting his hand on her back. Caroline smiled at the sight of Sage finally finding the right one.

"I hope it was alright with you I invited Kai." Sage looked her best friend hoping for a smile, at least anything Caroline like.

"Make sure Bonnie doesn't see you Princess."

The somewhat of a couple sat in the back. Sage couldn't look up, she refused to meet her fathers eyes. She felt Kai's hand at her knees, rubbing it for reassurance.
She looked up, a slight smile escaped her lips.

"Once this is done; go with Caroline, she needs you. I'll be fine for a night."

She couldn't say anything, she only nodded and smiled back, placing her hand on his. And looking up at the ceremony.

Sage picked up her head as she heard Caroline say one finale goodbye to her mother

Go in peace, go in kindness
Go in love, go in faith
Leave the day, the day behind us
Day is done, go in grace

Let us go into the dark
Not afraid, not alone
Let us hope by some good pleasure
Safely to arrive at home

Let us hope by some good pleasure
Safely to arrive at home

*****^

I do not own Go In Peace Sam Baker originally sang it.