Prologue

The King family was allowed to see their mother and wife after about 1 hour of her being taken in.

As they walked in they saw Veronica King sleeping on the hospital bed and besides it was a small cot that attracted all their attention. In that little baby cot was the smallest human the boys have ever seen.

"Dad, she's tiny!"

"Yes, Adrian. So we have to take extra care of her."

"Don't worry dad. Well make sure nothing ever hurts her," said an eleven year old Adonis.

"Can I hold her?" Daemon couldn't wait to have his little sister in his arms.

"Yes, but let me hold her first ok?"

"Ok."

Ambrose King took his newborn daughter in his arms, almost afraid that he'll crush her with his big arms. But as soon as he held her all he felt was peace. This little girl hasn't even opened her eyes yet and there he was wrapped around her pinky.

"Dad! It's my turn." Daemon was getting impatient.

Ambrose rolled his eyes and gave his daughter to his eldest son. "I was thinking of naming her Astrid. What do you say boys?"

"That's a pretty name."

"What does it mean?"

"Baby!"

"Soft baby!"

Came a series of replies from his sons. All except Daemon had given their input.

"Daemon?"

"I kinda wanted to name her Alora."

" We can name her Astrid Alora King."

------------------

Three years of pure joy and happiness later Veronica King disappeared along with Astrid.

The Kings' turned the world upside down searching for thei little bundle of joy.

Nothing.

They found nothing.

Not a single trace of Astrid nor of Veronica.

But 12 years later, a single phone call was all it took to change their world once again.