19

"Ugh- eww," Adrian sounded absolutely disgusted, "where are his eyes? And why is he missing so many limbs?"

"I plucked them off." I couldn't help but grin at my handiwork.

"Remind me to never piss you off," Adrian grimaced. "Anyways, who's he and what did he do?"

"He's one of Jack's friends."

"And you're telling me now? Why didn't you tell me before? This guys is dead. I can't have my fun with him," Adrian whined.

I rolled my eyes. "I'll let you have the next one."

Adrian grinned before turning to look at the other side of the room. "Is that a colon?"

"Yes," I smirked looking over to my wolves feasting on it.

"Adonis, you know how people call me cruel? My man I've got nothing on you."

"Anything for her."

"You know you have to wash those dogs really well right? She'd be traumatized if she knew what they're doing."

I nodded, he's right. She loves these wolves but doesn't know they're used for torturing our enemies. They love her as well. They're always with her, they even sleep in her room with her. Can't let her know what they're job is.

_____________________________________

"Gio that's not possible." I said for the Nth time.

"Why not? You all will be safe," Gio promised.

"Astrid," I sighed, "I don't want something to happen to her."

"Nothing will happen to anyone," Giovanni snapped, "stop stressing all the time."

"I can't help it. I'm scared." It felt weird admitting it but I knew Gio meant no harm.

"Your fear is keeping you away from her, you know that right? I've seen her with her brothers and she looks comfortable with most of them but with you, there's this gap. I mean, I can tell she feels safe with you but I think it's awkward with you two. Let go of your fear, Ambrose."