32

We were having dinner when Daemon called

"Daemon," I squealed. "Look we're having dinner. " I turned the back camera in and showed him my dinner and everyone else's as well. I then turned it back to front camera. "Did you eat?"

He nodded "i had breakfast a few hours ago. How about I let you finish dinner and get ready for bed then you call me and we'll talk ok?"

I whined but seeing the stern look he was giving me, I agreed.

I quickly finished whatever was on my plate and ran up to take a shower, brush my teeth and get dressed for bed.

After I was completely ready for bed I looked around for my phone to call Daemon but my phone isn't here. Must've left it downstairs. I quickly ran down the stairs but I stumbled on the last step and fell.

Ouch.

"What was that sound?" Papa yelled from the kitchen.

I heard a few footsteps come towards me.

"Hey you okay," Rome asked squatting down to help me up.

I nodded.

Papa came out of the kitchen seeing as nobody was answering him. "Oh goodness, baby. Are you okay. Why is your face red? And what's that on you knee? Oh gosh it's blood. What happened?"

"Nothin. I fell and scratched my knee."

Papa gasped. "My poor baby."

He placed on hand on the underside of my knees and the other near my shoulder and picked me up. I squealed not expecting it. He them slowly put me down on the living room couch.

"Adrian, what are you watching," papa growled. "Go get the first aid kit."

"It's okay it's just a scratch." I tried to placate him but I don't think it's working.

"Hush baby. You're hurt." He kissed my forehead. "Adrian what's taking so long."

"That fact that this fucking house doesn't have a first aid kit." Adrian yelled back from upstairs.

"Rome," papa barked. "I'm going to kill you."

I watched as Rome's eyes widened comically and he tried to explain himself but papa was having none of that. He actually looked like he's going to throw Rome in the sea. Before papa could do that Adrian came in with some antiseptics and Band-Aids.

"Give it to me." Papa literally snatched the things out of Adrian's hand and sat down on the ground infront of me. "I'll just put this here-" he said putting a little antiseptic on my scratched knee -"so it doesn't get infected. Now it's done. See it didn't hurt at all." Papa raised his head to give me a small smile and said, "now I'll just put this bandaid here and done."

"Thank you."

I've been hurt before and those bruises were more severe than this barely scratched knee. But this is the first time I have someone who cares. Someone to dress my wounds for me. Someone who, no matter how small the injury is, will feel my pain with me. Someone who'll be there.