41

"Can we please get rid of Adrian," I walked into Daemon's office whining because Adrian kept ruffling my hair

"Can we please get rid of Adrian," I walked into Daemon's office whining because Adrian kept ruffling my hair. But I stopped midway when I saw two other people in Daemon's office.

I stood frozen in the doorway when Daemon beckoned me to him. I slowly walked up to him and he got up for me to sit in his chair.

"You two can leave, we'll continue this later," he told the two other men in the room and they left.

"Where do you want me to send Adrian?"

I giggled. "I don't actually want him gone silly. He just annoys me a lot."

Daemon kissed my nose, humming softly. "How did your test go?"

"Brilliant."

"I'm glad."

"Daemon."

"Yes love."

"You promised you'd take me out after we come back home but you didn't."

He smiled. "I apologize, my darling. It slipped my mind. Where would you like to go?"

I've been waiting for this question. "Can we please please please take out old stuff or stuff we don't use and donate them? Please don't say no."

Daemon chuckled. "I can never say no to you, darling. Well do that tomorrow okay?"

I nodded excitedly. It'll be fun.

Daemon stood up from his position on the floor. "Come on now, dad wants to meet you."

I held his hand and walked alongside him down an empty corridor with a door on the very end of it. Ambrose King, it said on the door.

Daemon knocked and we waited until papa asked us to go in.

"Papa." I jumped into his arms and papa peppered my face with kisses.

"My precious child. I missed you. Are you okay? Was Adrian mean? Are you hungry? How did your test go?"

I giggled. "Easy papa. I didn't even catch all your questions."

Papa took a deep breath and smiled. "First tell me, how did the test go?"

"Great."

"And Adrian? Was he alright?"

I giggled again. "Yes papa, Adrian was alright. He even blushed!"

I heard Daemon laugh behind me. "I have to go now, darling. Meet me before you go home." Daemon kissed my head and left.

"Are you hungry," papa asked.

"No papa."

"Why not? You haven't eaten anything in such a long time."

"I had a big breakfast papa."

Papa sighed. "If you say so." Then he went all quiet. He looks so sad.

"Why are you sad papa?"