45

"You have brunch now, right," Soren asked as we walked out of the classroom

"Yeah."

Soren nodded. "Me too. Well everyone has brunch now. You can go to the cafe if you want or maybe in the library? I'm sorry but I have a team meeting so I'll have to go. I can call Anubis or maybe Eros or Xander to keep you company."

I shook my head. "It's okay Soren, I want to be alone right now if that's alright."

"Of course it is. Just call me or any of us if you need anything alright?"

"Okay."

Soren nodded but didn't leave. "Aren't you going to go?"

He sighed. "Yeah, bye." He kissed my cheek before leaving.

I started walking towards my locker keeping my gaze on the floor and I bumped into someone making them gasp.

"You ruined my shirt," a girl screeched.

"I- I'm so sorry. I wasn't looking. I'm so very sorry. Here, I'll help you clean up," I apologized.

The girl stared at me for a moment. "You're adorable you know that?"

I blushed at her compliment. "Thank you. I think you're very pretty too." She actually was very beautiful. Like a doll.

She laughed. "Thanks darling. What's your name? Are you new? I haven't seen you before."

I nodded. "I joined today. I'm Astrid."

She hummed. "I'm Brittany Meyers. I'm the head cheerleader, tell me of you wanna try out I'll help."

"Thank you but I don't think I'm cut out to be a cheerleader."

She nodded. "That's alright. Where were you heading?"

I shrugged. "Nowhere. Just trying to familiarize myself with everything."

She nodded and went to place a hand on my shoulder but stopped. "Are you okay with me touching you? If not it's totally cool," she asked.

I like her.

"Yeah it's fine."

Getting the affirmation she wrapped her arm around my shoulder. "I'll show you around and I'll tell you everything about everyone."

She then proceeded to walk me around and tell me about the weird stuff about some classrooms and teachers, sometimes pointing at a student and sharing some popular story about them. We were walking around the ground when someone yelled for Brittany.

"Hey," it Andrew. "Attie, I see you met my girlfriend. Brit, this is the new friend I made in class and now we have detention together."

Brittany rolled her eyes. "You're such a bad influence, Drew."