38

"How's my baby doing," I asked closing the door behind me

Astrid turned her teary eyes to me and sniffled. "Not good."

"What's wrong baby?" I gently sat down next to her and took her in my lap. "Why are you crying?" I asked kissing her forehead and that seemed to set her off even more. "Shh, baby, you'll get even more sick. It's okay. Stop crying."

She stopped crying after a while of rocking her back and forth but continued to sniffle softly every now and then.

"Are you calm now?"

Astrid nodded.

"Now tell me. What happened?"

Her lips wobbled. "I don't know," she answered in a shaky voice.

I gave her a soft smile. "That's okay."

She sniffled again. Cute.

She kept her head on my chest and sighed. "Adonis."

"Yes, baby."

"When can I go to school?"

"It's still summer break, baby. You can join after school starts."

"What grade will I be in?"

"You'll be a junior. 11th grade."

"Do I have to give a test before I get in?"

I nodded. "But you can skip that if you want."

"Really? That's allowed?"

I chuckled. "Not really. But I'm sure if we ask the principal he won't say no."

She lifted her head of my chest and looked at me with a frown. "That doesn't seem fair to others."

"It's not."

"I don't want to do that."

"Alright. Then you'll have to give a test."

"Okay."

We sat there in silence for a while before Astrid started squirming. "What happened?"

"Promise me you won't get mad," she offered me her pinky finger with tears in her eyes.

"I can never be mad at you love." I placed a kiss on her finger.

"I think I just started my period and I'm sitting on your lap and I think you might have some blood on your pants."

"That's alright, baby. Why don't you go change and I'll get you some tea."

She nodded and got off but her whole face turned red as she looked at my things which now had a little patch of blood. "It's okay."

She nodded and ran into the bathroom and shut the door with a bang. Silly baby.

______________________________________