16

"Drink this," Daemon said sliding the ginger ale in my direction

It's been a week since I had a cold. I'm all better now but my family thinks I'm still very much sick so they keep giving me these sort of stuff.

My family.

I like that.

"Alora, drink up. You're getting late for your classes."

I drank the stupid ginger ale and ran up to papa's office where my classes were conducted.

______________________________________

After my classes I went back to my room and started doing my homework.

I was almost done with all my homeworks when someone knocked on my door. "Come in."

Papa's head popped in and he opened the door further to get in. He gave me a shy smile. He's so cute.

"Hi baby." Papa said in his softest voice. "I've got a surprise for you."

Surprise reminded me of the surprises Jack used to give me but I quickly shook those thoughts away.

"Astrid," papa called softly.

"Huh, oh what surprise?"

"Come on down, I'll show you." He looked a little too excited.

I followed papa to the living room and saw a man talking to Adonis. Why is Adonis always home? Not that I have any problem with it but doesn't he have a job like Daemon or Adrian? Maybe he doesn't, I shouldn't judge. But I'm not judging, I'm just curious. He did say he's a doctor once. Then why is not at the hospital or wherever he works?

I was brought out of my train of thoughts by papa putting his arm around my shoulder and introducing me to the man.

"My daughter Astrid. I want you to ask her what she wants and do everything according to her wish."

"Yes sir." The man whose name I don't know says in a low voice.

I look at papa curiously. Sensing my gaze papa answered, "We're renovating the basement and we want you to decide what to do with it."

"How was it before?" I asked wanting to know why they're renovating and how it used to be.

"Just a boring basement," Adonis replied without missing a beat.

"Now love, you take some time and think what you want it to be, ok?"

Anything I want? That's never happened before.

I nodded and went up to the library. They have a library!

Even though I'm just learning how to read I like doing it. It gives me a sense of satisfaction.

I took out one of the many books Mrs assigned me and started reading.

I didn't even know how long I've been here until Soren and Anubis came in slamming the door in the process. Well Anubis slammed the door and Soren shook his head at him.

"Hey shortie, how's it going?"

"I'm not short." I couldn't stop myself from snapping. I don't know what's wrong with me today but I've been feeling a little too emotional.

Anubis just raised his hands in surrender. "Heard dad's renovating the basement. What do you wanna do with it?"

"I don't know," my lips wobbled and eyes watered, "it's too much pressure. What can we make there that's not already in the house? This house has everything."

"No no no don't cry." Soren looked panicked.

"Yeah girl,  if you cry and Daemon sees us here with you he'll have our head," Anubis says passing me a few tissues.

After I've calmed down from my embarrassing outburst we discuss what we can do with the basement. Finally we reach the conclusion that this house has everything except a roller skating rink, so that's what the basement's gonna be even though I don't know how to skate.

After our very important discussion is over the twins literally carry me to papa's office and push me in to announce our proposition.

I see two strangers in there along with papa and Daemon and they seemed to be discussing something very important. All their heads snapped to me as I entered. Daemon was the first to recover from their shock. He cleared his throat, "Astrid what brings you here?"

Oh no is he mad? He never calls me Astrid. It's always Alora.

"I uh- I'll come back later." My voice so low I didn't think he heard me but he did. Daemon's eyes softened a bit. He motioned me to go to him. I did because I was never not going to listen to him.

He got up and made me sit on his chair and put his arm around me.

"Astrid love," papa called, "this is my friend Giovanni DiCosta and his son Mercello."

Mr. DiCosta looks to be the same age as papa with very few white hairs and wrinkles. His son on the other hand seems to be in his early twenties. The same age as Adrian. He's so pretty. Oh gosh what am I thinking. Bad Astrid.

"Hello," I wishpered looking down.

Daemon subtly tilted my head up and made me look at them. "And she's Astrid, my daughter."

Giovanni DiCosta gave a small smile and said, "You've grown beautifully."

I turned red at his words. "Thank you."

"Why did you come here?" Daemon whispered in my ear as if we're planning something.

"I just came here to tell papa that we wanted the basement to be a roller skating rink." I wishpered as well.

"We?"

"Anubis and Soren and me."

Daemon hummed before zeroing in on my eyes. "Have you been crying?"

"No."

He raised his eyebrow.

"Maybe."

He was about to say something before papa cut him off. "What are you two talking about?"

"She's just telling me that Anubis and Soren have successfully manipulated her into asking for a roller skating rink."

I gasped. I didn't say that.

"Off you go now," Daemon said gently pushing me and off I went.

______________________________________

A/N

Hi, sorry for the late update but I blame school. I'll try to update at least once a week. Please be patient and stay with me.

Now I've got a question for y'all.

Do you want the next chapter in Mercello's pov?