28

After breakfast aunt Nicolle suggested that we go out for shopping and spa and some other stuff

So now we're here at the mall, which Adrian evacuated and I feel extremely guilty about it.

My aunts and grandmother kept going inside different shops, choosing different items and buying them. I'm tired of all the walking.

"You don't like anything?" Grandma asked.

I shook my head not wanting to waste money on me.

"How about this," aunt Nicolle said holding a cute top.

"It'll look great on you," aunt Emily said looking at me.

"Or maybe this." Aunt Scarlett was holding a pretty knee length dress.

"No it's fine. I did some shopping just a few months ago, I don't need anything."

"But maybe you want something?" Aunt Scarlett asked which made me shake my head again. Why would I want anything else when I already have everything.

"Okay so what do you want to do?"

"Uh-" before I could say anything else my stomach rumbled.

"Well, look at the time," grandma exclaimed. "We should go have lunch now."

We went to cute little restaurant for lunch. After our orders were placed we talked about anything and everything. It was mostly them talking and me laughing but it was fun.

After lunch we went to the spa. Aunt Nicolle and Scarlett go a whole body spa or something, I'm not sure but grandma, aunt Emily and I got a hair spa.

It was so relaxing.

After the spa we all got mani-pedi and then stopped at a cute cafe for a drink. I had lemonade, my favorite. Aunt Scarlett had strawberry milkshake and Aunt Nicolle and grandma had vanilla latte and aunt Emily had a raspberry doughnut.

Then we all headed home.

As soon as I entered the house I was pulled into a hug by papa. "My precious little bean, I missed you." He said placing kisses all over my face.

After a while when he finally let me go I was whisked away by Soren, Anubis and Eros to the skating rink saying they've been dying to skate.

I actually learned skating from Adrian, who's a surprisingly great teacher given his moody attitude. And I am proud to say that I'm the best in this house at skating.

______________________________________

After the ladies left we were all hanging out in the living room

After the ladies left we were all hanging out in the living room. The oldies were talking about business, surprise surprise. Daemon was on his phone, probably stalking Astrid and the rest of us were talking and eating.

Suddenly a shrill scream sounded through the house. A woman was screaming but all the ladies were out. Must be one of the maids.

Daemon and Aldric went to check on it. After a while Aldric came back with the maid who seemed to be in her early twenties. He lead her to the servants quarters then called Maria, our head maid and whispered something to her before turning to us.

"There's a severed head on Astrid's bed," he spoke.

"What the hell!"

"How?"

"Whose head?"

"Quiet," dad yelled. "Let's go check it out."

We all went to Astrid's room. There was indeed a severed head of a girl on the bed and Daemon was standing near the bed yelling into the phone. Seeing them all enter he cut the call and took a note out of his pocket. "This was on the bed."

Next time it'll be her.

That's all the note said.

"Her? Astrid?" Soren mumbled in horror.

"Who did this?"

"Esmeralda," Daemon answered.

"How can you be so sure? The last time I checked they're our allies," uncle Callan asked.

"Uh- about that," Adrian started.

"Don't tell me you broke the contract," uncle Sal hissed.

"I didn't." Adrian scowled. "No one did."

"Then why would she do this?"

"Esmeralda, she uh- proposed to me," Daemon stated. "But I wasn't interested so I refused, politely."

"Wait a minute-" dad looked confused - "why don't I know about this?"

"This is a recent development and uh- I thought it wasn't very important, so I didn't mention it."

"Alright continue with you story," grandpa grumbled.

"Right so uh- she kept pushing me to marry her but I said I wasn't interested. Then she started saying how it would benefit both our families and it'd be a great deal but I said I don't want my marriage to be a deal. But she was persistent. So I threatened her and then she asked if I was refusing because of Astrid but I said it had nothing to do with her. I just wasn't interested. But she continued saying that Astrid is coming between our relationship but I kept saying that it had nothing to do with Astrid. She was just being jealous."

"But why does she want to marry you? I thought she was your best friend," uncle Julian questioned.

"She was but I don't know what happened. Ever since I told her about Astrid she's been acting unusual."

"Maybe she was jealous," Seth suggested.

"Yeah that's what it felt like. Anyways, she asked me again the day before yesterday and I refused, again. Then she said she'll make me regret not marrying her and now I'm afraid she wants to go after Astrid." Daemon sighed.

It must be hard. Having your best friend betray you.

"Why would she want to go after Astrid," Xavier asked.

"Were you not listening you dipshit. She thinks Astrid's getting in-between them so she wants her gone," Alex spat.

"Do you think Esmeralda's father is siding with her?" Adonis asked.

Daemon shook his head. "Seems unlikely. Mr. Guzmán is a very idealistic man, he would never side with his daughter in something like this."

Dad agreed with Daemon. "I think she's in on this alone."

"How did she manage to sneak in?"

"Esmeralda has been coming in our house for a very long time and a clever girl like her would notice even the smallest flaw in security."

"But how can we be sure that it's her? I mean she's you best friend, Daemon. Just because she threatened you and now there's a head on Astrid's bed doesn't mean she did it. Could be someone else," Sebastian said.

"The note. It's her handwriting." Daemon answered running a hand through his hair.

Just then a car honked. I looked out the window and saw that the ladies were back. "They're back."

As soon as the words left my mouth dad ran out of the room.

"Alright, Eros, Soren and Anubis, you guys go keep Astrid distracted. We'll sort this out," Adonis ordered.

We nodded and went downstairs to keep her occupied.