43

I walked into my little sister's room and saw a lump right in the middle of the bed

I walked into my little sister's room and saw a lump right in the middle of the bed. She's still sleeping. Lazy baby.

I walk over to her and throw her blanket away which makes her whine in her sleep and make herself smaller, trying to provide warmth. "Get up."

She whined again.

"No, get up."

This time she stirs a little and opens her eyes. "Adrian?"

"Congratulations, you're memory is brilliant. Now get up."

She squints at me. "What time is it?"

"It's five in the morning."

"Why are you waking me up now!" She closed her again for a while before she shot up. "Is the house on fire? Is something wrong? What's wrong?"

I shook my head. "Nothing's wrong."

"Then why are you bothering me so early in the morning?"

"We're supposed to go for a run, remember?"

I watched at she tried to remember her promise. It took a while but as soon as it dawned on her she whined, again.

"At five in the morning?"

"This is when I go for a run."

"Everyday?"

I nodded. "Now get up."

She whined again. What the hell? I gave her my best glare which shut her up real quick and she ran to the bathroom.

______________________________________

"Astrid," I yelled from the living room. This girl takes so long to get ready.

"I'm here, I'm here."

I narrowed my eyes at her. "Now I'm forty minutes behind schedule because of you."

"You have a schedule," she asked incredulously.

I shook my head. "And this is why I have four degrees and you have none."

"You only have four degrees because you have a photographic memory," she scoffed shaking her head. "You can't fool me. I asked papa. You're not gifted or anything as you like to think."

I rolled my eyes. "Darling, having a photographic memory means I am gifted."

"Aren't you getting late now?"

"Of course I am!"

"Then why are you wasting you're time arguing?"

"Whatever, come along."

"I'm so going to regret this."

"What was that?"

"Nothing."

______________________________________

"Adrian," Astrid panted. "Please, stop. I can't -"

"We're not even halfway done."

"No!"

"Keep running."

"Carry me."

"Shut up."

"I'm dying."

I exhaled harshly through my nose. "When did you get this annoying?"

"I get cranky if I don't sleep well."

I narrowed my eyes at her. "You weren't cranky when Daemon woke you up that day at three in the morning to show off the new braid he learned."

"Yeah but that's Daemon!"

"Why does he get better treatment."

"I love him, that's why."

"You don't love me," I asked incredulously.

She nodded. "Don't be silly, of course I love you. I just love Daemon a little more."

"You know what," I turned my nose the other way. "I'll just leave you here and you can call your precious Daemon to get you." I started running faster after that.

"Adrian, no. Adrian wait up." I could hear her muttering something under her breath.

"Adrian wait."

I kept running.

"Bad Adrian. Wait!"

Bad Adrian? What the hell does she think I am, a dog?

______________________________________

"Papa," Astrid whined entering the kitchen. "Papa, Adrian left me!"

"Liar," I exclaimed.

"Yes you did."

"No I didn't."

"Did."

"Did not."

"Did!"

"Did not."

"Enough." Dad turned to Astrid. "What happened, my love? And why are you so red?"

The little brat pointed as accusatory finger at me. "He woke me up. At five in the morning. Then he took me out for a run, as if I'm a dog he's supposed to walk. Then we were running and then he ran faster and left me and I called him but he-" she paused to take a deep breath.

"Easy, darling. Take a few deep breath and calm yourself." She did as dad told her. "Now speak in human, I didn't get anything you said earlier."

I snickered from behind and she glared at me. "Aww you look like that frowning stuffed animal you have."

"Adrian! His name is Coco."

I laughed again.

"Papa, he keeps annoying me."

"Don't annoy my daughter."

"Well, you're daughter is a brat," I shot her a glare.

"You're the brat!"

I gasped. "Dad, did you hear her."

Dad sighed. "Enough you two. I'm too old for this. Go somewhere else."

"Ah ha!" Anubis exclaimed from the door. "So you admit you're old."

Dad frowned. "I didn't say that."

"You kinda did," Soren spoke from behind Anubis.

Dad frowned. I could see the vein on his temple popping. He's going to burst any moment now. "Are you kids leaving or do I have to throw you out," he growled.

"Even me," Astrid squeaked pointing at herself.

"Of course."

"No, my love."

Dad and Anubis spoke at  the same time and dad glared at him.

"Geez, fine we get it. We're leaving," Anubis put his hands up and left shaking his head.

After the twins left dad turned to glare at me. "Do you need a printed and signed copy of o document stating you can't be here to leave?"

I shuddered. "No I'll just go."

______________________________________

Sorry kind of a filler chapter but she goes to school in the next one.