35

Papa opened the door to my side and gave me his hand to help me climb out of the car

Papa opened the door to my side and gave me his hand to help me climb out of the car. I'm wearing heels.

I look around. This place is beautiful. I can hear the ocean roaring very loudly. I can also smell the salty air of the beach.

Papa guided to a table near the water. "Do you want to take off you shoes," he asked after watching me struggle walking in heels. I nodded and he bent down to get them off.

"Thank you."

We walked to the table, the entire place was decorated with fairy lights and red roses.

"Papa, this is beautiful," I squealed and he blushed. He's adorable.

"I'm happy you like it. I wanted to use your favorite flowers but I didn't find enough to decorate the whole place so I had to settle for the roses," papa rambled.

"This is lovely."

Papa pulled out a chair for me before going to sit himself.

After we sat down a waiter put two menus and two glasses of lemonade on the table.

"What would you like to have, dear?"

I opened the menu and skimmed through it. "Can I please have the beef wellington?"

"Of course. I'll have the lasagna."

Papa told the waiter our orders, he didn't say please, and turned to me with a soft smile. "Do you like this place, dear?"

I nodded. "It's beautiful."

Papa smiled. "So tell me. Do you like staying with us?"

"Yes. You guys are wonderful and so cute."

"Even Adrian?"

"Even Adrian."

"You- you don't feel uncomfortable or anything right? You can tell me if anyone or anything makes you uncomfortable. Or if you need something, do you need anything, my love?"

I shook my head. "I have more than enough of everything papa."

Papa smiled. "You're too kind my dear."

I looked down blushing.

"So," papa said attracting my attention, "do you think you're ready to go to school after summer break."

I nodded. "Mrs. Gibbs says I'm all caught up to be in Junior year."

"Yes, she told me. She says you're brilliant.  A very fast learner."

I blushed again. "No it's because she's a wonderful teacher."

Papa smiled again. He smiles a lot, especially around me.

"You're really pretty," I blurted out making papa laugh.

"Well you had to get your genes from someone."

I blushed.

"Now," papa leaned forward. "Let's gossip."

I giggled. "What gossip do you have?"

"I don't, I was hoping you would."

"Isn't it wrong? To gossip about others," I asked.

"Yes of course. But I was hoping you'd have some gossip about my sons, it's okay to gossip about your other children with you daughter. You know, father-daughter tea."

I giggled again. "The only thing I know is that Adonis has a girlfriend and I think she had androphobia."

Papa frowned. "Fear of men?"

I nodded. "Maybe. That's what it looks like."

"Oh, poor girl. So do you know anything about Daemon or Adrian?"

I shook my head as the waiter placed our food on the table. "I think Daemon likes someone," I said after the waiter left. "But that's just an assumption."

"Tell me more."

I shrugged. "That's all."

"Anything new with Adrian or Anubis?"

I raised my eyebrows. "You don't want to know about Soren?"

Papa waved his hand. "That's one's a goody two shoes, not much fun. Always studying and whatnot. But that's nice, I guess. I have one less son to worry about."

I laughed shaking my head. "I don't know anything else."

Papa nodded. "What's new with you?"

"You know everything that goes on with me," I said narrowing my eyes.

"Yes, well, I have to make sure you're safe and happy."

"Tell me what new with you," I asked taking another bite of my beef wellington.

Papa sipped his lemonade. "Same old boring work and business meetings- hey, that reminds me. What do yoh want to do when you grow up?"

"I'm not sure."

"There must be something you'd like to do."

"I'd like to be a social worker. You know, to help people," I said looking down.

I smiled. This is a thought I've been entertaining for a long time. Even though I didn't know what they're called I've always wanted to be someone that helps others. Something I needed but didn't get but I want to make sure others like me do.

"That's great, love. I think you'd be an amazing social worker."

It was comfortable silence after that as we finished our dinner and papa asked what I want for dessert. I of course asked for ice cream while papa said he didn't want any. This man's so weird. How can someone not like sweets.

My ice cream was here in a few minutes and I immediately started gobbling it down. I'm in love with ice cream.

I noticed papa looking at me with a smile so I offered him some of my ice cream. He just shook his head.

"Please papa," I said placing the spoon infront of his mouth. He smiled again and opened his mouth to take it.

"Thank you, love."

I continued eating my ice cream and feeding papa a few spoonfuls in-between.

After I was done papa got up and offered me his arm. I took it as he picked up my heels and we walked to our car. "Are you tired my love?"

I nodded sleepily. It's way past my bedtime.

Papa chuckled as he opened the door for me and I got in. He jogged to the other side and sat in the driver's seat. "You sleep, dear."

I leaned my head on the window and closed my eyes, drifting into a peaceful slumber.