39

"Are you sure you want to go give that test tomorrow?" Daemon asked for the hundredth time

"Yes, Daemon. I'm sure."

"Sure sure," papa asked frowning.

I nodded. "Sure sure."

Daemon sighed. "Guess there's no changing your mind then."

I shook my head with a giggle.

I'm supposed to give the test to get into school tomorrow but Daemon and papa don't want me to. Because we don't want you be away from us, they said. According to them I'll make friends when I'm in school and then I'll forget them and whatnot. They can so silly sometimes.

"I'll cancel the meeting then," papa said taking his phone out if his pocket.

"No, please don't cancel your meeting for me."

"But then who'll take you?"

I shrugged. "Daemon can take me."

"I'm sorry darling," Daemon said. "I have to be at the meeting too and Adonis is doing some weird surgery tomorrow-"

"Adrian can take me then."

Daemon shook his head. "Yeah he could but we don't want him to take you."

I frowned. "Why?"

"He's not the most encouraging person and he might -" I interrupted papa from saying further.

"Papa, I know Adrian can be rude sometimes but you guys don't have to worry about it. He's never once hurt me since I've been here and I know he never will."

They had the decency to look guilty for doubting him.

"Alright then I'll ask Adrian."

I gave them a bright smile and left to find Adonis. I need to select my dress for tomorrow, wouldn't want to make a bad first impression.

______________________________________

I felt someone caress my head softly. "Astrid, wake up my love."

I moaned snuggling into my pillows.

"No don't sleep, wake up," the voice said.

I groaned, annoyed that some is disturbing my sleep.

"See, this is how I feel when you poke me with your icy fingers in the eye, every fucking morning," I heard another voice grumble. Adrian. I know cause I do poke his eyes to wake him up. Apparently it's my duty to get him up as I'm the only one he doesn't yell at.

I decided to ignore them and sleep some more when someone pulled the blankets off me.

"Adrian!"

I got up glaring at the man. He's so stupid. Then I turn my glare to Adonis who was here the whole time but didn't stop Adrian from taking my blankets.

"Aww," Adonis cooed. "You look like an angry kitten."

I huffed before going towards the bathroom. They're all silly.

I quickly brushed my teeth, took a shower and got dressed.

Last night Adonis helped me pick my dress. We decided on a beige dress that stops a little above my knees with bell sleeves.

I was brushing my hair when someone knocked on the door. "Come in."

Papa peeked his head through the small gap on the door and scanned the room before his eyes fell on me and his lips turned up in a bright smile.

"You look beautiful, my love." He stopped right infront of me and kissed my nose making me giggle.

"You look pretty too, papa."

He gave me another sweet smile. "Thank you, love. Now, are you ready? If you're nervous or you think you need a little more time then that's alright. We can do this some other day."

I shook my head. "No papa. I can do this, I want to do this. I'll be fine." No need to tell him I am nervous.

Papa seemed to be in deep thought before he sighed. "If that's what you want."

I smiled at him before turning to the door again as Daemon came in followed by Adonis.

"You look cute, darling," Daemon placed a kiss on my forehead. "We have to leave now. Good luck."

"And if Adrian does something tell me, I'll set him straight," Adonis added.

I nod making them smile. Then the door again opened and in came Adrian.

"You're not ready yet?" He growled seeing my half brushed hair. "We're gonna be late."

Papa, Daemon and Adonis frowned at his tone. "Be nice," Adonis hissed making Adrian roll his eyes.

"Don't you have some surgery, them why are you still here?"

Adonis was going to say something else when I interrupted them. "Yeah, you guys should go."

Adrian nodded. "Yeah, you oldies should get the fuck out-"

"Adrian."

He rolled his eyes again. The audacity. I narrowed my eyes at him. "If you don't want me to tell papa what you did, you better start being nice."

It's his turn to glare at me. "I didn't do anything."

Papa frowned. "What's happening?"

I shook my head. "Nothing papa, you guys should leave or you'll ba late."

They all tried to protest but I gently kicked them out.

After they left Adrian sat on my bed and continued to glare at me.

I shook my head at him and started brushing my hair. After a while I was completely ready, just need to have breakfast.

"Alright let's leave." Adrian jumped up.

"But I didn't eat breakfast yet."

He sighed harshly. "Be quick."

______________________________________

"Come on!"

Adrian's like a little kid. He has zero patience. He's been huffing and puffing since morning because according to him I take too much time.

"Alright, now I'm ready to leave," I said after tying my shoe lace. But they came apart again as soon as I took another step. "Wait I have to tie them again."

This time Adrian actually growled like Fang does when someone touches me infront of him.

"I'll do it, you sit."

I sat down and let him tie my shoe. This is better. I should always make him do this.

"There, done." Adrian got up and speed walked out of the door.

I tried to catch up with him but my legs are short. "Adrian wait up."

I went outside to see him already seated on the driver's seat of his matte black Mercedes Benz.

"You need to start working out," he said rolling his eyes as I got in.

"But I do work out. I swim everyday."

"And yet, you're so weak and slow. I'm going to take you running with me from tomorrow."

I widened my eyes in horror. "No please. No more workout. I don't like it."

"And you're lazy."

I huffed but said nothing. I'll have to talk to papa about shipping Adrian off to Antarctica.