40

I looked at the majestic building infront of me

I looked at the majestic building infront of me. It's so pretty. It doesn't look like a school.

I was snapped out of my thoughts by Adrian snapping his fingers in my face. "What are you thinking?"

"It's so pretty." I gave him a smile and held his hand. "Let's go."

He raised his brow at our joint hands but said nothing. He's so very rude but he's actually a little softy on the inside.

We walked along a long hallway that lead to the principal's office. There was a desk infront of the office for the nice  secretary who let us in.

As soon as we walked through the door the man on the chair, I'm guessing he's the principal, stood up to greet us.

"Mr. King, Miss King, welcome. Please have a seat."

Adrian the ever so rude boy just gave him a curt nod as a greeting and pulled out a chair for me.

"Good morning," I whispered shyly before sitting on the chair.

"Oh," the man looked positively surprised. "Good morning, dear. You must be Astrid."

I nodded.

"Yes, I've heard about you. I'm Daniel Johnson, the principal of Scholars Academy. How are you doing," he asked.

"Good, thank you. Are you doing well," I asked politely.

"Yes yes, miss, I'm doing great."

Then why does he look so scared?

"Would you guys like to have something?"

"No," Adrian grumbled.

The principal, Mr. Johnson nodded. "Alright then miss King do you mind giving a simple test before the admission?"

I shook my head and he nodded and called for his assistant.

"Mrs. Smith, please take her to room 307 to Miss Clark." He then turned to me. "If you would please follow Mrs. Smith."

I nodded with a smile and got up but I felt someone hold my wrist.

"Good luck," Adrian mumbled, his ears turning a little red.

Aww. He's adorable.

I thanked him with a smile before leaving with Mrs. Smith.

Mrs. Smith lead me through some hallways and stopped infront of room 307. She opened the door and greeted the teacher who was going to take my test and left after introducing me.

The teacher, Miss Clark, is a lovely woman in her late twenties. She smile d as she gave me my question and told me to start answering. After a while, I was done with all the questions, I answered all of them but I'm not sure if I answered the history questions correctly. I suck at history, it makes no sense to me. Why study dead people?

After I was done with my test, Mrs. Smith, who was apparently standing right outside the door, took me back to the principal's office.

The principal then told me my test is going to be graded right now and they'll tell me the results and see if I can be placed in AP or regular ones.

Adrian leaned into me. "How'd it go?"

"All the others were okay but I might fail history."

Adrian snorted. "History is easy."

"Don't be ridiculous. It's the most difficult thing in the world."

He snorted again. The audacity. I'm going to have papa ship this disrespectful boy to some remote island or something.

"I'm going to ask papa to throw you away" I whispered furiously.

He snorted again. "Sure."

I was about to retort when Mr. Johnson cleared his throat. We both turned our attention to him. "Miss King, it seems you are a brilliant girl. Miss Clark just gave me the results and you did excellently. Now, you can take AP calculus, physics, chemistry, economics and such then you can take any other subjects you want, I'll send you the details of all the courses we provide and you can choose from there."

I nodded noticing he didn't mention history. Did I fail history? So that means I won't have to take it? Yay.

______________________________________

"Adrian."

He hummed steering right.

"Principal Johnson didn't mention history, so does that mean I can't take it?"

"You'd love that wouldn't you?"

I nodded.

"History's a compulsory subject. You have to take it. You might have to take it with the sophomores if you did horrible or something but you have to."

"Why," I whined. This isn't fair. I don't like that subject at all.

"Suck it up, darling."

I scoffed. "You're just being mean cause you're safe from that demonic subject now."

"I minored in history." I so want to wipe that stupid egoistical smirk off his face.

"How can you go to law school and minor in history."

"I also have a double major in Egyptology and Anthropology."

"How?"

Again that stupid smirk. "I just have a superior brain."

"I refuse to believe that and Adrian where are you going? This doesn't look like the way home."

"That's because we're not going home."

"Where are we going then?"

He gave me a feral grin. "We're going to a secluded place. Like in the middle of a forest or something. Then I'm going to kill you, don't worry I'll give you a mice and clean death, and the throw you in a river and pretend that some of our rivals ambushed us and took you. The they'll find your body and everyone will think they killed you."

I rolled my eyes. "You do realize that being mean does not equal to being a murderer."

Adrian frowned. "You don't believe me?"

I shook my head. "I don't think you can ever kill someone."

"Why not?"

I shrugged. "Cause you're acting a big softie."

"No," Adrian growled.

"Sure, whatever helps you sleep at night."

He scoffed. He looked like he was contemplating arguing with me but then decided against it. Probably because he knows I'm correct.

"Seriously Adrian where are we going?"

"To jump off a cliff."

Cue the eye roll. Silly boy can't give a single straight answer.