17

Today is not my day

Today is not my day. First my brother woke me up by pouring water on me and now I have to go with dad to the King's house. Again. Why do they suddenly need more security anyways.

That's how I ended up here, in a boring office discussion stupid security systems. Why do I need to be here. I could be working for my PhD right now instead of just sitting here doing nothing as my father did all the talking.

Suddenly the door slammed open and we all looked at the intruder. It's a girl. What's a girl doing here?

She has scars along her arms and legs. How did she get those? Who'd want to hurt such a sweet looking child.

Daemon asked her what she's doing here, she looks scared. Poor girl. Daemon is scary. He even scares the shit out of me sometimes. He motioned her to go to him and she walked to Daemon and he left his seat for her. Who is she? His girlfriend? Nah she looks too young. Not even legal yet. Then who is she? Astrid? But they would've told us if they found her.

Then Ambrose introduced us to each other. So they did find her.

She blushed crimson as dad complimented her. Cute.

Daemon conversed with her for a while before Ambrose interrupted them by asking their topic of conversation.

"She's just telling me that Anubis and Soren have successfully manipulated her into asking for a roller skating rink." Daemon replied and sent her off.

My eyes followed her as she walked out. "What happened to her," I couldn't stop myself from asking.

"Victoria's what happened," Ambrose growled.

"That bitch," dad hissed.

Daemon snorted. "You don't even know what she did.

"Well it's quite clear that she was abused," I said.

"Then why did you ask," Daemon narrowed his eyes at me.

I rolled my eyes. "It was a rhetorical question."

"Alright, so I'm guessing you want more security for her," dad asked.

"Yes."

I still couldn't wrap my head around the fact that they found her. I've watched as these past years how they left no stones unturned in searching for her. We even helped. We all wanted to find the little girl so filled with joy. But now looking at her, I couldn't spot that joy anywhere.

They continued talking but I needed a drink so I got up and walked out.

______________________________________

I went to the kitchen to get some cold drink or juice because apparently they threw all the alcohol out after they found Astrid. They demolished the bar.

Nothing. All they have in the kitchen is healthy stuff. No snacks. No nice tasting drinks. Just orange juice. Who even likes orange juice.

Reluctantly I started munching on an apple. My thoughts wandered back to Astrid but they were soon broken by Adrian entering with Astrid behind him.

"Why don't you have some orange juice while I see if there's anything edible in here." Adrian scrunched his face as he saw me. "What're you doing here?"

"Eating."

Adrian scowled," I can see that but shouldn't you be upstairs?"

"Yes but I came down so now I'm here." I answered not telling that I came down for a drink.

He just rolled his eyes at my reply and rifled through the drawers for a couple of moments before coming up with a pack of Doritos. "Bingo."

"We can have some of these if you promise not to tell Adonis," Adrian said turning to Astrid.

I turned to look at her as well, subtly of course, she finished a whole bottle of OJ. Damn she still likes orange juice. Some things never change I guess.

"I won't, promise." She answered nodding frantically.

"Good," Adrian said turning to me, "would you like some?"

"No I better get going or dad's going to murder me."

I took another apple after throwing the previous apple core into the bin and walked out.

______________________________________

A/N
So I changed this chapter because Mercello was supposed to be a nice guy but I accidentally made him creepy last time lol.