Chapter 11

Chapter 11

ZACHARY

I’m in the veranda located inside my room, looking down where Rey is while listening to my cousin Cali, talking in the other line. Rey is in the swimming pool. He's cleaning the pool removing dry leaves using the net.

“Oh, by the way kuya Ry. Before I forgot. Thank you for the birthday gift, the necklace you gave to me! I already received it and I love it, kuya Ry! You really know my taste, ha!”

“Of course, I’m the one who bought it for you.”

“Really, kuya?”

“Uh-ha,”

Then suddenly, yaya appeared from the inside of the house and started helping Rey.

“Kuya Ry. Bye bye na, mommy wants to talk to me.” Cali said

“Okay, say hi to tita for me.”

“I will. bye,” and the line ended.

I put my phone back inside my pocket and stared at the two.

Rey is talking while grabbing the net to her but yaya doesn’t want to give it to him and then after a while they started to rivalry the net. And I see how yaya lost her balance and fell onto the swimming pool, but before she fall she had a hold on Rey shirt. But its already too late because Rey lost his balance too and they both fell into the swimming pool.

Risa came immediately after she heard loud splashed of water and shrieked of yaya. Kary came also and help yaya up who was laughing with Rey.

I don’t know why going on me? But every time I see yaya's smile I couldn’t help myself to stared at her smiling lips. And it’s pissing me off because I just want to stare at it. and what’s frustrating the most is I feel like I don’t want see it by anyone na gusto ko itong ipagdamot sa lahat and it’s me, just only me that’s she should show it and nothing else.

Then, out of nowhere, suddenly our eyes met and immediately I looked away. As much as I want, I don’t want to see her smiling face. Dammit!

I come inside and come out of my room when I reach the kitchen I saw yaya walking hurriedly - her body wrapped by towel - passing by at me. I followed my gaze to her and shrugged my shoulder afterwards.

Nakasunod sa kanya sila Kary.

“Aish! Ano bang ginagawa niyo, Ali.”

“Risa, kumuha ka ng mop at punasan ang basa sa sahig.” Utos ni manang Koring.

Risa immediately followed and get the mop, when she returned she started cleaning the wet floor. I went to fridge and pick the pitcher then pour the glass of water.  Later at that, I saw yaya she’s now on her new clothes. I’m here seated at the high stool. Eating.

Lumapit siya sa akin at nginitian niya ako ng makalapit siya. She poured my empty glass of fresh pineapple juice, tiningnan ko lang siya saglit at pinagpatuloy ang pagkain. Hindi nakaligtas ang suot niyang bracelet sa aking mga mata naka-engrave doon ang kanyang pangalan. Alisha.

Ngayon ko lang ito nakita sa palapulsuhan niya siguro binili niya ito ng magsimba sila no’ng linggo.

“Where are you going?” I asked her when she’s about to leave.

She looked at me confused. “Stay. Come back here and sit.” I commanded to her. She nodded and sit across mine.

I smile to my self seeing how uncomfortable she was in front of me. I took the juice and drink it while I’m drinking I look at her and I chuckle lightly when I caught her stealing glances at me from time to time. I clear my throat after I drink the last drop of the juice and put back the glass on the table.