Chapter 37

Chapter 37

ZACHARY

The event is currently ongoing…

I’m just here seating in front of Alisha and sipping my wine while looking intently to Alisha who’s looking around, her eyes twinkling in amusement and amazement. When you look at her you already figured out that this is the first time she attended this kind of event.

I looked at her face. I couldn’t help but to stares at her innocent, beautiful, and smiling face. She’s the most beautiful woman I’ve ever seen in this night. My eyes went down on her dress. It's too reveling for me. Dapat ang binigay manlang ni mommy ay ‘yung mga conservative dresses.

I arch my eyebrows when Hans caught me staring at Alisha. She shooked his head and hide his smirked on sipping his own wine. Nag-iwas ako ng tingin at sa pag-iwas ko nang tingin I suddenly saw a familiar face of a guy (a waiter) who’s serving the other table near on us.

My jaw clenched when I remembered earlier the picture that Cheska shown me on the coffee shop. She called me telling, she has something to say and ipapakita sa akin. At first, I don’t want to go, but she said something about Alisha that made me curious and go to her.

“What do you want?” I asked her as soon as I seated in front of her.

“Chill… You order first, what do you want? American cappuccino latte? Or just there classic coffee brew?” she asked, smiling at me.

“Just drop tha act, Cheska. Tell me, what is it?” I impatiently ask.

“Hmm,” she sip on her frappe.

Kinuha niya sa bag niya ang kanyang cellphone at nilapag ‘yun sa lamesa ‘tsaka marahang niyang inusod papunta sa’kin. Tiningnan ko ‘yun na may pagtataka, tapos ay tinaas ko siya ng kilay.

“What’s that?” I asked.

She smirked. “Open the phone and see it yourself, Zachary.” She leaned on the back of her chair, she pick her frappe and sip it while looking at me, amused. Hindi ko pinansin ang cellphone niya at mariin ko lang siyang tiningnan. Umirap siya, “C’mon, Zach. Open it and you’ll see…” Sinenyasan niya ako buksan ito.

Hesitant at first, but I still pick the phone and open it. When I open it, it’s directly on the photo album already. Tiningnan ko siya bago ko ito pindot para makita ang mga larawan na nakapaloob doon. It’s already on the separate files so, I quickly find it.

Binuksan ko iyon at nakita ko ang ilang larawan doon ni Alisha at isang lalaki na palagi niyang kasa-kasama sa picture. Almost immediately, my jaw clenched upon seeing Alisha with a man always together. And they’re look so happy and comfortable with each other.

Who is this fucking guy…?

Medyo malayo ang pagkuha ng litrato at zi-noom-in lang. May sa library, nagsusulat si Alisha sa kanyang notebook habang ang lalaki naman ay nakapangalumbaba na pinagmamasdan siya. Sa bench na masaya silang nag-uusap at nagtatawanan. Sa parking lot kung saan nagtatanggal ng helmet si Alisha at tinutulungan siya ng lalaki na matanggal nito, ang kamay ng lalaki ay nakapatong sa kamay ni Alisha.

Napakunot ang nuo ko nang makita na meron din sa labas ng gate ng subdivision namin. Naghihintay doon ang lalaki habang nakasandal sa motor niya at may ka-text sa kanyang cellphone. Wait… is this the times na hindi sumasabay sa akin si Alisha? ‘yung mauuna siya sa aking umalis habang ako, ay kumakain pa? Minsan na papaunahin niya akong umalis… fuck!

And the most recent pictures was Alisha and this whoever fucking guy is in the restaurant! Sinusubuan ng lalaki si Alisha ng pagkain. My other free hand turn into fist nang hindi ko namamalayan.