Chapter 49

Julia reaches for the door handle when it slams open. The handle catches her hand making her wince in pain. She looks up to see who could be that careless and sees someone she'd never thought she'd see again.

"Well, well if it isn't my little mouse of an ex-girlfriend," the voice boomed above her.

"Hello Drake," Julia mumbled holding her hand close to her.

"Didn't think I'd see you here. So did you finally find those so-called soulmates of yours? As if Captain America and the Winter Soldier would find a mouse like you attractive," he says before bursting out in laughter.

Tears begin to well up in her eyes from the pain in her hand. Before she could answer a set of arms wrap around her waist pulling her close to a warm chest.

"You ok doll?" Bucky's voice murmurs in her ear

"This guy hurt you sweetheart?" Steve asks walking up to them on Julia's left side

Julia is cradling her right hand close to her chest trying to keep her pain to herself. This doesn't work for very long when the guys sense her pain. Steve reaches for her hand and takes it gently.

"Are you kidding me mouse, you can't expect anyone believes that these two imposters are the real things?" Drake scoffs

"Ow. Steve that hurts," Julia said whimpering a little ignoring her ex.

Steve examines her hand," Let's get you home so we can put some ice on it before it swells more."

"But Cap..." Julia starts before Steve leans over and kisses her.

"Hold it! Are you telling me that the guy kissing this ugly mouse is actually Captain America and the other guy is his friend Bucky Barnes," Drake bursts out.

Steve pulls away and stares at Drake, "You know I hate bullies don't you?"

Drake nods numbly, "So what of it. You're not really Captain America and he's not Bucky Barnes."

Bucky and Steve both growl at him causing him to back up a bit. Seeing that they weren't paying attention to Julia, Drake decided to attack her once more.

"You found some great actors mouse. Even I started to believe that they're the real deal," he says laughing," The guy holding you must've spent a lot of money on that fake metal arm to pull it off."

"Guys please he's not worth it," Julia gasps as Bucky squeezes her unconsciously.

Steve looks over as he hears her and taps Bucky's arm "Punk let go you're squeezing her too tight."

Bucky notices and releases her. Julia falls back into him and pats his arm," How bout we put that strength to better use Sarge?"

He groans and presses against her causing her to bite her lip," And maybe I can have a couple lollipops as a treat?"

Steve chuckles "Your wish is our command sweetheart, but only after we look at your hand, deal?"

"Yes Cap," Julia says winking at him.

"You can't be..." Drake starts before Steve swings and knocks him out.

Bucky lifts Julia into his arms," Now I'm ready for dessert," he says winking and steps over Drake on his way out with Steve following.