Chapter 22

The crowd had thinned out a bit, but there were still plenty there when the motorcycles roar cut the din. Tina put on her best smile when she heard the cycles; her smile got even wider when she heard the door to the building open.

Julia looked at the crowd, "Umm guys I thought we were the only ones who knew they were coming back?"

"Who knows Jules, just smile ok? Remember we're all here for you," Crysta said and smiled bigger when three other figures came out of the crowd.

"All of us kiddo," Clint says smiling, "We beat all speed records thanks to Loki here so we could get here first."

Tina watches with jealousy as each of the avengers give Julia a hug. She smirks then thinking she's gonna need all the comfort she can get in a few seconds.

Bucky and Steve look shocked when they pull up to the building. Both gulp when they cut their engines and get off their bikes. Steve reaches into the compartment to pull out the flowers. Their eyes search the crowd for their soulmate. They both sigh with relief when they see her on the steps surrounded by her friends and three of their own trusted friends.

"God she looks gorgeous," Bucky breathed staring at Julia.

"Yes she does jerk now lets get that welcome home we've both been dreaming about," Steve says smiling slapping him on the shoulder.

They take a step forward to go to her and Julia notices them, taking her own step away from her friends. Out of the corner of her eye Tina notices and gives the signal to one of her cronies.

Julia's friends are too absorbed in watching their friend get the reunion she'd been waiting for; in order to stop what may happen. A shriek cut thru the noise of the crowd and Julia was soaked through; she was soaking wet and ran back into the apartment building.

Tina smirks as she sees her nemesis run into the building. Now onto business she walked over to the soldiers who just rushed past her. She turned to stop them only to be confronted by Crysta and Julia's other friends.

"How could you Tina?"Crysta questioned her, "Can't you let her have an ounce of happiness?"

"No! That monster doesn't deserve to be happy. Soon they'll find out her soulmarks are fake!" Tina shouted stomping away