Chapter 40

Half an hour later Julia's phone goes off and when she reaches for it Steve grabs it. Giving her a look he answers it.

"Hello, oh hey there Crysta. I hear we're meeting you and Queens for lunch...Ummhmm, yeah we know where that is we'll meet you there at one and yes we'll keep our..." Steve's eyes flutter as Julia takes a chance and kisses his neck.

"Steve at you still there or is that friend of mine distracting you again?" Crysta replies chuckling

Steve looks at Bucky for help. Bucky shakes his head and gets up pulling Julia away.

"C'mon doll I've got a lollipop for you," Bucky says hefting her over his shoulder walking out to the living room.

He swats her on her rear pulling a squeal that Crysta hears on the phone. Crysta laughs in Steve's ear, " I take it you'll be late then?"

"No we won't  I don't think Buck meant it when he said what he said. We've been taking it slow with her," Steve replied.

"Don't take it too slow Steve alright? I really don't want to catch you three in a compromising position you hear me?"

"Yes doll," Steve agreed.

"Please don't tell me Buck meant you know when I heard him talk about a 'lollipop'," Crysta inquires.

"C'mon doll can't we have some fun with our girl?"

"You can, I just don't want to see her cry over you guys again."

"I understand doll, we don't want to leave her either," Steve replies.

"She's been hurt Steve and its hard for her to trust. I know you two love her, but she thinks she's not pretty enough for you two," Crysta explains.

"Why would she..oh that girl Tina huh?"

"Yup and all the fan girls you guys have. She thinks one of them will whisk you guys away. Her self esteem is that bad."

Steve rubs a hand on his face," She won't have to worry about that doll face. Julia is going to be treated like the goddess she is," Steve promised.

"You'd better. So we'll se you at one at the diner a couple blocks from Julia's ok?"

"Sure."

They say their goodbyes and hang up. Steve puts down the phone and thinks how they can step up their game.