Chapter 15

A few more days passed in the same fashion with Julia being really quiet at work along with Tina being almost giddy with glee. But the next day a package was delivered to the gas station. Julia was in the back when it was delivered so Crysta accepted it on behalf of her friend. Of course Tina had arrived when it came in. Crysta moved it to the side quickly, but not quickly enough; Tina spied it.

"Ooh what's this Crysta somebody sent you something?" Tin asked intrigued trying to grab it

"Actually no Tina this is for Jules. Not sure where its from though. The writing is foreign," Crysta studies it.

Julia walks up carrying sleeves of cups, "What is it Crysta?"

"A package just arrived for you Jules, I wonder who sent it."

"I wonder," Julia murmured ignoring Tina who was trying to see what was inside the package.

"Open it up, lets see what's in it," Crysta suggested.

Julia takes a box cutter out after setting down the cups. She slices the box open. Inside there are newspapers surrounding a small blue velvet box. Carefully she pulls out the box handling it with utmost care. Opening it she sees a bullet charm on a necklace; engraved on the bullet were initials.

"Are you kidding all this fuss for a necklace?" Tina huffs and storms out

Tears begin to run down Julia's face," They're alive Crysta, I knew they were."

Crysta hugs her, " I am so glad Jules, look there's a note in here too," Crysta says pulling it out.

"What does it say?"

"It says 'Doll by the time you get this we'll be two days from you. Forgive us for not keeping in touch. We missed you very much, just leave a key for us in case you are at work. By the way you'll need to take a month off, we are not letting you out of our sight for a long time. See you soon doll. We love you, yours Steve and Bucky' Aww that was sweet."

"Month? There's no way our boss is gonna allow that," Julia says.

"Don't you worry we'll figure that out when the time comes. Now we both have the next three days off. I am going to get you a makeover."