chapter 2

Julia was just settling in for a quiet night when her phone rang. She sighs and gets up.

"Hello?" she answers

"Jules it Crysta. Peter and I need your help."

"Now what?"

"Its Ruth, Jules. She's.."

"Don't tell me she's drunk again isn't she?"

"Yeah and she's being stubborn."

"Let me guess she's dancing on the tables?"

"Oh yeah and Peter is begging for your help."

"Can't he get her down without my help? I mean he's you know who," Julia said.

"He's tried and so has Pam we really need your help. I'm downstairs waiting for you please hurry."

Julia sighs," Fine gimme ten minutes."

"Ok," Crysta hangs up.

Julia changes into a pair of jeans and a t-shirt; she grabs her combat boots and slides them on as well. She grabs her jacket with her purse and keys before heading down. She didn't even bother to fix her hair and left it as is. Crysta was waiting for her at the car. Julia gets in on the passenger side; they take off to the nearby bar.

"Now what brought this on?" Julia asks Crysta

"She's upset about not finding her soulmate, so she's decided to drink her troubles away."

"Again?"

Crysta nods sadly and keeps driving. The only one who could calm Ruth was Julia. They park the car after they arrive ten minutes later. Peter was waiting outside for them when they walked up. When he noticed them he rushes up to the girls.

" Jules you gotta get in here she's going nuts."

"Did you let her do shots of any kind tonite?" Julia asked Peter

"I tried to stop her Jules, but she wouldn't listen," Peter sputtered.

"Its ok Pete you're just a big softie," Julia says and walks in.

Ruth is dancing on the table to Julia's right. She's whooping it up and having a grand time. Julia shakes her head and walks over to her. Her friend has a glass in her hand and salutes the DJ before downing it in one swallow. Crysta and Peter stay clos to the corner a little afraid of what could happen.

"Ruth get down from there before you hurt yourself," Julia said getting closer.

"Nope not gonna. I'm a failure, can't even find my soulmate," Ruth turns her back and keeps dancing.

"If it makes you feel better I haven't either. In fact our group hasn't found theirs," Julia said motioning to Crysta, Peter, Pam and Kelly.

Ruth turns with tears, "Jules hate to say this, but yours are here in this bar right now."

"Yeah sure Ruth and who are these mystery guys?"

Before the words are halfway out of her mouth she's knocked down onto the floor. A hand reaches down to lift her up

"Sorry about that doll you ok?" a deep baritone says above her

Julia takes the hand and is soon face to chest with one of the objects of her fantasies. "I'm fine thank you," she says still stunned.

Another hand holds out her purse," I think you dropped this miss."

"I...uh thank you so much," she says taking it from Steve Rogers.

Both of the men are also too stunned to speak. Her shirt moves just enough and they can read her marks.

"We've been searching for you. Name's Bucky," the first one says smiling.