Chapter 12

At first Julia would get messages every couple days then only once a week then soon none at all. Each day she saw her friends find their soulmates. Seeing her friends happy sometimes stabbed her in the heart, but she knew better and smiles for them. Her friend Kelly's soulmate always tried to give her updates on her own soulmates' mission. Soon there were no more updates.

Work became a place for Julia to hide from her heartache. Each morning she'd check to see if her marks were still there. She'd let out a sigh of relief to see them still there. At least they're still alive, she thought as she got dressed for work. The buzzer rings and Julia hits the button letting Crysta in.

"Hey Jules you ready for work?" Crysta asks coming in

"Almost, just finishing up my hair," Julia called from the bathroom.

Crysta sits down at the table to wait for her. She looks around and sees an unusual number of dishes in the sink. That's odd she thought Jules must be more upset then I thought. Julia comes out her hair all done the hickeys faded over time. Even though she was wearing concealer Crysta could see the dark circles under her eyes.

"You ok Jules?" she asks

"A little tired, but I'm fine," Julia lied.

She grabs her purse and coat along with her keys. Julia looks back at Crysta.

"We going or what?"

"Yeah sure," Crysta gets up and they both go to her car and leave.

The ride to work was silent the only sound being the radio. Crysta was worried about her friend she normally wasn't this quiet.