Chapter 13

Crysta kept a close eye on her friend during their shift. To her it seemed that Julia's smile seemed forced since it never reached her eyes. Towards the end of their shift a new customer came in. The girls recognized him as Pam's soulmate Hawkeye. For once he didn't have that easy smile they've come to know.

He made a beeline for the register and walked up to Julia. His face was grim.

"Clint what's...." Julia began to ask and he handed her two sets of dog tags.

She looks down and sees the names. Her eyes go wide and she begins to tremble.

"Crysta I'll take her home, punch her out ok?" Clint says pulling Julia around the counter," She needs time to figure this out."

Crysta nodded and gave him Julia's things. As they walked out Crysta's heart was breaking for her friend. It just wasn't fair, Julia had just found them and now it looked like they weren't coming back. She sighed and clocked her out. Silently she prayed they were ok and would be home soon.

x    x    x    x

An hour after her shift Crysta stopped in to check on her friend. Clint opened the door and motioned for her to be quiet.

"I finally got her to calm down Crysta. She's sleeping now, but you can stay if you want, "Clint tells her.

Crysta nods and sets down her bag and coat. She sits in the chair in the living room near her friend who was resting on the sofa.

"Are they..." Crysta started to ask.

"They're missing that's all we know. We'll keep her posted, those two are stubborn Crysta they'll be back for her. Just call if you need anything ok?"

Crysta nodded and stayed with her friend.