"Summer Loving"

Based on episode of Shameless - Season 2 Episode 2 - "Summer Loving"

I had been visiting the shop that Ian works at for the past week. I like to think we are friends now.

I learnt that he is actually my next door neighbour and he wants to go in the army.

And that he's gay.

So no relationship there. Just friends.

I actually met his friend Mandy who is actually really lovely. We have planned to go shopping when I have the money to.

Ian actually invited me round his today to study because I'm an A* student and he needs some major pointers.

It was only 9am but Ian said he needed to do it in the morning so he could hangout with a friend later. Which was ok with me since I start my first shift at this diner.

I bolted down my stairs putting my shoes and not bothering with a coat considering it was very hot out. I opened the door when I heard.

"Alissa." Oh so my mother is home.

"Hello mother," I answer walking back into the house. She's of course lying on the couch with bottles of beer next to her on the floor and she has got scraggy hair.

"Where are you going? Don't you want to hangout with mummy?" She asks slurring every word.

"No, I have to learn and work," I reply in a spiteful way "not like you do that." I added mumbling the last bit.

"What you just say." She spoke "WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY." She then fell back asleep.

God she's a waste of space.

I walked back out my door and over to the Gallaghers. Ian had said to go to the back door as he will answer.

So I knocked on the back door not wanting to barge in. Ian answered saying "Alissa your here check over my work." I walked in looking at his kitchen and his table.

The whole family was there. "Alissa." Debbie shouted waving at me. I had been babysitting Liam a few times. I waved at Liam and Carl (who was Ian's little brother).

Ian showed me his work as I looked at it. "See here it should be 64." I showed him and he nodded writing down my answer.

"No it's not," Lip commented making me look at him. The bruises on his face had gone down and now I could see he had a very nice looking face.

"Ok what is it then?" I countered intrigued on his answer. He smirked at me and did some working out.

"72 that's the answer." Then he dropped the pencil down like a mic drop.

I checked his working out and he was right.

"Well I think Alissa's answer is right." Debbie argued. Oh sweet child I'm wrong. Lip just laughed at this he knew he was right.