"Iron City"

Based on episode of Shameless - Season 4 episode 6 - "Iron City"

It's silent as we wait to hear how Liam is.

I'm sitting up staring straight ahead at the doors that the door will walk through. Come on any minute now, tell us he's okay.

I stare and sit up even straighter when a nurse walks past us and goes into a room. Not for Liam. Carl is sitting beside me looking at a vaccine thing in the screen which had been repeating for the past hour.

Kev walking in the door makes me divert my attention to him as he sits down on a seat close to Lip and sighs "They probably took her to District Six for booking. That's where they usually take you before they transfer you to County. She's gonna need a lawyer."

He's on about Fiona. She had been arrested for this. "Lip is there a lawyer you want us to use?" Kev start but I drown out the conversation as I watch the door.

I feel Carl place a hand on top of mine. He must be so scared. I turn to him and give him a reassuring smile, he goes back to the screen.

A nurse walks in and I sit up "Fiona Gallagher?" Lip stands up "Umm Lip Gallagher." Lip answers as I get up out of the chair with Carl and the others.

"Will she be back?"

"No, not soon. I'm Liam's brother." Lip answers as we all listen.

"Is there another parent or legal guardian?" The doctors questions.

"No. Is Liam gonna be ok?"

"I'm sorry, I really a guardian present—" The doctors says but gets cut off by a very pissed Lip "Look, my mum is a bipolar drug addict who split years ago, my dad is a drunk, and the cops have just hauled Fiona off to jail, ok? I'm the only thing that passes for a responsible adult. Now, how is Liam?"

"Your brother came with acute cocaine toxicity. Disoriented, hallucinating and a dangerously elevated heart rate. He's on medicine to control his hallucinating and his seizures." The doctors says making me want to cry. "He has started to settle down."

"Can we see him?" V asks next to me.

"I'm sorry. Only immediate family members over 18 are allowed." The doctors answers.

"Go we'll stay here." V says as we all go sit back down. I sit back down in the seat and sigh.

The doctor starts to walk forward and Lip turns round and looks at me I give him a smile and he nods and turns round slowly walking with the doctor.

It was hours later and we were still sitting in the waiting room. I was extremely tired and hadn't sleep for a whole day but I can't sleep knowing the state Liam is in. I could see Debbie and Carl drifting off but then shooting awake again. To be fair I was almost doing the same but I had my trusty coffee here to help.