"Frank The Plumber"

Based on episode of Shameless - season 3 episode 9 - "Frank The Plumber"

I did it I applied to University Of Chicago. I hope I get in. I won't actually find out the results until months later but I'm excited.

I did also apply to more because the school guidance counsellor said it's good to apply to more than one.

My list is - University Of Chicago, Illinois State University, DePaul University, Princeton and MIT.

I don't even care if I don't get any of the others I just care about University Of Chicago. It's close to home and it has the classes I want to major in. I know I probably won't get into the big ones so why should I bother worry about them.

I'm in my mathematics class at the moment. My mind somewhere completely different I have an University Of Chicago(UChicago) grade checker visiting my house tonight to see if I have the grades to get a scholarship.

I lean over my desk to talk to Lip "psstttt." I whisper Lip turns to me "what?" He says leaning as well to talk to me we have Charlie inbetween us.

"Mandy told me about MIT rep coming round tonight. Good luck." I say excited for him. "You knew about Mandy applying for me?" He asked now getting a bit louder.

I leaned over a bit more whispering "shhh be quiet Mr Turner might hear and no I didn't she only told me about MIT today. I thought you applied." I was barely on my chair I was leaning over so much.

"Well I didn't I couldn't give a shit about the interview." He said making me glare at him.

"Can you both be quiet and Alissa I can see your boobs when you lean over." Charlie cuts in I sit up and pull my top up. Lip sits up as well "Stop looking there creep." Lip says to Charlie, Charlie simply looks at the board ignoring him.

"Oi Lip." I whisper again this time not leaning over I look straight ahead "I have my UChicago interview today after school." I say he knows how bad I want to go there.

"You know they only have a 7% acceptance rate. The odds are you won't get in." Charlie mutters I look at him and swallow. He is right, there's a low chance I actually get in. I have upped my English grade now getting B and As which I'm very proud of.

"Shut the fuck up lanky emo. Go back to your stripper mum and fuck her." Lip commented very loud for whispering getting mad at Charlie. Charlie just gulped in response and wrote down so stuff from the board.

We all look back at the board and copy it down.

I'm sitting on my living room chair opposite a woman called Blair Brown she's the University of Chicago rep. She going to review my application.

"So Alissa. I can see you have a 4.5 GPA and your behaviour is excellent. So that's a good start." She said adjusting her blouse.

"Oh don't forget I have recommendations from my mathematics teacher and science teachers." I say passing her them she holds the glasses to her face and reads it.