"Survival Of The Fittest"

Based on the episode of Shameless - Season 3 Episode 12 - "Survival Of The Fittest"

Today was the day I get my diploma.

I was getting cereal out of the cupboard when my mother walked in. Let's play a game is she sober or not?

She closes the cupboard and gives me a kiss on the forehead "my daughter is getting her diploma. Maybe you won't have a dead end future like I thought." Gee thanks mother for the vote of confidence.

"Thank you mother." I reply pouring my milk in the cereal. The cereal first of course.

"Well I have to get to the alibi. Bye babes." She says kissing me on the cheek before she leaves.

Now I'm all alone eating Frosties in my house. On a very important day in my life. This diploma could change everything.

I walk into the guidance counsellors office. "Alissa." He says I can barely contain my excitement.

I walk over to his table and he has the piece of paper in hands "Here you go. You did good." He said passing the paper to me. I took it and read it.

We award Alissa Jacobs with this high school diploma.

I smile and turn to the counsellor "I did it." He smiles as well and repeats you did it. I don't bother thanking him. He did shit all to get me here. I did it all.

I walk out and as soon as I'm outside. I read the piece of paper again and hug it to my head "YESS!" I shout doing a yes with my fist.

I run to the alibi cause I know my mum is there. I open the door shouting to Kate (the bartender) to get me a drink.

I see my mother with Frank sitting on the bar stools. I sit next to them Kate comes over "so why you excited blondie?" She asks putting a shot down for me.

"I just got my diploma." I state very excitedly. She smiles "wow good job. This drink can be on the house." She says making me thank her as I take the shot.

Lip walks in sitting next to me asking Kate for a shot. She says "you get your diploma as well?" He nodded.

I take my hands out my pocket and turn to Lip and grab his shoulders and give him a hug. "I graduated. I GRADUATED." He laughs and puts his hand on my shoulder "woah calm down."

"You graduated as well. We say we both officially graduated high school together." I comment getting way too excited he laughs and my mother walks over in-between us kissing me on the forehead "my daughter graduated."

Frank immediately butted "you graduated?" I nodded and so did Lip. Frank stood up "My boy why didn't you say something we need to celebrate," he goes in the middle of the bar "Attention my progeny and Goldilocks here has joined the ranks of the graduated."

The whole bar cheers I just smile. He carries on doing a speech.

My mother buts in saying she can do push-ups against Tommy some bloke in the bar. Frank says he will do it as well.