"Hope Springs Paternal"

Based on episode of Shameless - season 4 episode 8 - "Hope Springs Paternal"

I take Liam to class with me today cause Lip was super busy. And I heard Amanda was looking after him which really annoyed me.

I walk into my economics class with Liam walking next to me holding his orange juice.

"Come on goofball." I say as he stops to look at some random plant in the front of the room holding everyone up.

He looks at me and follows me to my lecture seat. I sit him on my lap and get out my laptop. He closes the screen straight away "don't do that Liam." I warn opening it again. He closes it shut again.

"Liam." I warn again opening it. Liam just laughs to himself. George sits down in the seat next to me and stops and stares "who's this?"

"None of your business." I snark back. George just looks at Liam for the answer "Liam." Liam says. I put my hand on my head seriously.

"Hey Liam, I'm George, Alissa's cool and smart friend." George introduces making me laugh. "Liam he is not cool or smart. I'm the smart and cool one." I say.

"Lissa smart and cool." Liam confirms.

"See. Liam never lies." George makes an jokingly annoyed face. And we get on with the work. Liam was very calm the whole time just watching me type on my computer.

Once I get to the Gallaghers. It's just Fiona sitting at the table. "Hey Alissa. Hey my little monkey."

"Hey Fi do you think I could stay here and catch up on some school work." I ask putting Liam down in his hair chair for his lunch.

"Yeah of course," she says as I sit next to Liam watching him eat his lunch "So any new boys?" I can tell she's trying too make an effort at conversation.

"No not anyone really. Still single." I tell her Liam puts down his food "George?" He comments I stare at him and blink.

"George? Who's this George?" Fiona asks. "oh no one he just sits next to me in my eco class. That's all." I say making it known.

She nods "what about Lip? Anything going between you two?" I laugh "no way. Not one bit."

She frowns "Oh I always thought you two would get together." Well she's wrong.

"Oh can you give this drink to Ian he's upstairs." Fiona casually says. I freeze "Wait Ian's here?" I urgently ask.

"Yes go see him." She shoos me upstairs. I run up the stairs trying not to spill the water she gave me.