"Can I Have A Mother?"

Based on episode of Shameless - season 2 episode 6 - "Can I Have A Mother?"

"So I said what the fuck, why are you crying?" I ended the rant about Louis to Ian

Ian looked at me with a you being serious face, I nodded and he chuckled. "What a freak. I would've ended it right then and there. We have been saying he was weird."

"I know. I know. But he was nice and I'm not gonna lie I was really desperate," I said leaning against the counter "what am I gonna do about the diner. We work the same hours."

Ian watched me panicking laughing. "Why the hell are you laughing?" I asked giving him a mean look.

"I'm not. I'm not. sorry. Why don't you just change your hours?" He replied holding his hand surrender.

"You better be." I reply. Just then Lip bursts in the shop. We both turn to look at him. I know right now Ian is in a sour spot with him since the fight in the bathroom. Also I know Lip hasn't told anyone about our moment which is good I don't know how Ian would react.

Which I found out from both of them was because Ian said something about Karen and Lip got mad. According to Ian it wasn't even mean. However, Lip thinks differently.

Lip grabs a beer and places in on the counter "granny's back." Is all he says I notice Ian avoiding his eye by looking at me. "Just showed up in an ambulance." He took a huge sip of his beer and placed it back down.

I stayed silent so did Ian. "You know, she, uh. She didn't even call." Ian pulled his beer and scanned it on the cash register "how fucked up is that huh." Ian looked at him waiting for the money still being silent.

"That's it? Nothing? Aren't you gonna give me the chin?" Ian still stayed silent. Lip then went mad he smacked the counter then got an apple and started throwing it at the floor "what about now? No?"

He picked up more fruit throwing it at the glass and floor "really still nothing." He went to get a watermelon.

"Lip don't you dare." I warn as he picks it up "he won't talk to me." Lip answers throwing the watermelons all over the floor and bursting out.

Ian looked at me and took a swig of the beer on the counter.

Next day —

I had no one to hangout with as Karen was having her engagement party and I wasn't invited even my mum was. Then again she is new besties with Frank.

So Mandy Milkovich invited me round. We were now sitting on her bed looking at magazines. I closed the page of the magazine "Mandy I need boy advice."

"Ok shoot. I'm a boy expert." She replied also
Putting her magazine down and lying back on her bed. "So you know Louis." I say sitting by her wall.

"Mr train fuck guy. Yeah." She replied laughing at her own joke.

"Well we are over I texted him and told him I don't want to be with him because there is someone else." I comment not looking at Mandy.

"No. Who is this lucky man?" Mandy asks now excited to know who he is.

"I can't say. No mouth is shut." I do the zip my mouth motion and shrug.

"Nooo Alissa don't do this to me." She whines grabbing my shoulder "I know if you tell me who this boy is. Then I'll. I'll tell you who I got it on with."

I gasped and looked at Mandy "Mandy you naughty girl. I'll take that deal, but, you tell me who you got it on with first."

"Ok," she breathed in getting really excited "Lip." I dropped the smile I had and quickly replaced it with a fake one. "Lip?" I questioned.

"Yeah at Debbie's party, you were there how did you not notice us both gone." She joked I laughed and replied "I don't know was watching a film or something. So you like him?"

"I mean yeah but he's got that whole Karen thing going on so." She drowned out "wait tell me the boy you like now."

Oh shit. I'll just say. I have no one to say, lemme think. Oh maybe Arlo the boy down the road. Maybe Ellis the guy at the dry cleaners.

Mandy noticed my silence "oh come onnn, Lissa you can tell me." I cough and say "Jamal Maleek he's a regular at the diner. But I'm too shy to talk to him." I bullshit I'm quite proud of who easy it was to lie.

"Well I have never heard of him before. Wait is he always on the basketball court?" She says, I nod "ohh yeah I do know him. Didn't know he was your type I could so get him to hookup with you."

"I don't know." I say sounding not so sure. Mandy grabs my shoulders "ok I will arrange a date it can just be at the park or something."

"Fine." I huff finally giving in Mandy squeals and we carry on looking at magazines.