"Hurricane Monica"

Based on episode of Shameless - season 2 episode 9 - "Hurricane Monica"

All day I was too stressed about Lip. I know he probably went to Karen's but still I didn't like not knowing where he was.

Even now when I'm at Jamal's lunch table holding his hand. The only thought that went through my mind was Lip.

"Hey you alright gorgeous?" Jamal asked me running a hand through my long blonde hair.

"Yeah I'm fine." I reply drawing a pattern on the back of his hand. He didn't push and just carried on playing with my hair.

"I know what will make you feel better." He said sitting up and getting on a knee. "Will you be my girlfriend Alissa Jacobs."

"Yes. Yes. Now get up." I said pulling him up so no one saw and thought we were getting married. He kissed me and smiled.

I hadn't got to my scholarship interview thing yet I was too worried about Lip. I had to stop off at Karen's house to make sure he's ok after school.

I knocked on Karen's front door waiting for an answer. A hippie man in underwear opened it I couldn't help but look at you know what. This must be Jody.

"Oh um hi." I said trying to avoid looking at his bulge "I'm a friend of Lips is he here?" Jody looked around and said "no not now."

"Well has he been here?" I asked Jody he simply shrugged and mentioned that he hasn't been here the whole time. A lady walked to the door I'm guessing she was Karen's mother.

"He might've been here who wants to know." She said suspiciously looking around from the front door. "Um me I'm his friend."

"Oh," she said calming down "well in that case he was here but he left." I nodded and said thank you and left.

It was now late at night and my mother and Jake had gone to alibi to tackle her alcohol intake and help her drink in moderation or whatever.

I was sitting on the couch texting Jamal. I heard knocking at my door I went over and opened it. To see a sad Lip at the door "Hey Lissa." He said looking at the floor. I pulled him into me giving him a hug that he immediately returned.

"Your such an asshole." I said pushing him. He let me then said "I'll just go. I tried to talk to the scholar scout of MIT he won't let me do anything without a diploma."

"No don't leave," I said he turned round "you can stay here. Ok. It's fine maybe we can go to. What about Steve, Fiona's ex, he works at a business doesn't he. We can ask him." Lip just looks at me in the eye.

I showed Lip my room and we laid down on my bed. We were both on opposite sides. I turned over to see his face he was already looking at me.

"Stop looking at me." I whisper hiding my face. He pulls my hands away "no you are very beautiful. I can't help it."