"Cascading Futures"

Based on episode of Shameless - season 4 episode 6 - "Cascading Futures"

My Nana had shown up and scared Alex to leave. Now he was gone she actually convinced him to check himself into a psych ward.

My mother was upset for a while because obviously her favourite child was now trying to get better. She didn't like that.

Also my father called me and said he was in Illinois. He would love for me to see him. How much better he is doing.

He was just like my mum. He left when I was 7 but I remember his always drunk and on my birthday he showed up drunk and flashed everyone.

He left us to get better. Good for him, if he is better.

Oh and Fiona told me that the Gallaghers have all been taken away from her. I hope they are all ok.

I go into the living room seeing both Nana and mum sitting on the couch. "Hey guys. Mum get up we're going to the coffee shop to see dad."

"Ok have fun." Nana says before she takes in what I said "wait. Matthew?"

"Yes. He said he wants to see me and mum. He hopes we are doing well." I reply repeating what he said. My mum hops up "hold on. I've gotta make myself look nice." She runs off. Leaving me with Nana I shout up "we have to be there in 3 hours be ready by then."

Nana looks at me "Are you sure you want to see him?" I think for a minute then answer "Yes I do. I really do. I need to know if he changed. If him leaving me helped him to be able to come back into my life."

She nods "I hope you get the closure you want hunny. Now I've got my bingo to go to." She gives me a kiss on the head and goes off to bingo.

God I hope he's changed. It will make me feel better. I hope he wants to be my father again.

Me and my mother waited in the coffee shop getting a table it seemed he was not here yet. I looked at my mum and her usual rats nest blonde hair was now a nicely curled hair. She had done her makeup and put on red lipstick and covered her eye bags.

She was wearing a short pink dress that showed a lot of the chest area and it was too short for a grown woman.

I was wearing the nicest dress I had which was my short white one which had puffy sleeves. It actually looked pretty. I remember I last wore this to go on that date with Louis but he ditched me. Lord that was so long ago.

My hair was left to it natural waviness and I had done only a little makeup.

I was nervous. Really nervous.