Chapter Ten

Ahhhhhhhhhhh😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

| Chapter Ten|

•Dahlia•

"Finally home!" I sighed while stretching, Eve has been driving me crazy all week. The wedding this and the wedding that, and rehearsals? She is really try to do this up. I picked through my mail when I noticed a envelope. It was almost similar to the one I helped her pick out for the wedding. Did she send me a mock design? Strange? It had no name, I proceeded to open it and it was a dinner invite for this Friday... yep from Eve and Armaan. These too do the most! I laughed and put it in my calendar, as if Eve would let me forget anyway. I ran my shower and stripped, why such a fancy invite for dinner?  Goosebumps covered my arms, could it be Siddh? Eve had mentioned he had been here but... I'm not saying I thought he would've reached out by now but it has been a week... I stepped in and let the hot water coat me. I mean... we were just having fun. Nothing to think too hard about.

"Dahlia baby you look amazing!" Eve kissed my cheek as Armaan pulled out our seats.

"Thank you. And thank you two for dinner?" I said raising my brow and Eve smiled.

"Oh well you know! With all this wedding planning I figured we could all sit and have something to eat. Just relax, like old times." She smiled again while nudging me. I looked at Armaan who quickly checked the menu, oh lord.

"Eve please no surprises..." I groaned and she just continued to smile as she leaned to the side.

"What kind of friend would I be if... I didn't get you a birthday present!" She laughed shoving that iconic Tiffany blue bag in my hands. I blinked at their amused faces. Trying to remember what month and day it was.

"Dahlia uh it's the twenty second of April?" Armaan said and it registered, I-I forgot my own birthday.... My real one at that. I smiled and pulled Eve into a bone crushing hug, one of her signatures.

"You're too sweet you know that?" They both laughed as I opened the gift, a beautiful rose gold circle pendant with rose gold earrings to match.

"I didn't have to cuss anybody out either!" She said happily while Armaan took her hand, he truly loves this crazy girl.

"Well I'm glad with the wedding approaching you're carrying yourself with more poise." I joked and they both laughed... spending time with these two is refreshing. We spent the rest of the night talking and cracking jokes. Eve told childhood stories about growing up in Hunting Park. I smiled sadly when she face twisted from not so good parts and groped her skip over them. A lot of us have troubled backgrounds and would joke we trauma bonded... but this girl truly felt like my sister. That annoying little sister that you just can't really hate.

"Sure you don't want us to tag along?" Armaan asked and by the look Eve was giving him earlier if he chooses someplace other than the bedroom she'll kill him. I smiled and turned back to him.

"I don't need you at the bar with me, you'll mess up my chances." Armaan laughed and nodded,

"Stay safe Dahlia." I smiled as he walked away and headed to the bar. I need a strong drink and some damn birthday sex. Sometimes I think Siddh ruined me, even with some of my favorite regulars it's never enough. I always want more and they can never quite reach it. Smiling once the bar came in to view it was lively. I quickly sat down at the bar, it's not a club but the music is nice. Live music playing some upbeat jazz.