Chapter Eleven

Now... these are supposed to be 10 chapters MAX but lmaooooo here we are 🤡

.
.
.
.
.
.

| Chapter Eleven |

•Dahlia•

After a few weeks we started wedding rehearsals. Eve was in total bridezilla mode and Siddh was being painfully distant. And now we are going to dinner for the happy couple! Siddh is not the same man I spent that month with. There's no playfully flirting or anything. Just simple greetings and small talk. Eve keeps pestering me about us and I keep telling her obviously there's no us. But I can't let my foul mood ruined her wedding. I slipped on my dress and looked myself over. Stunning as always but still dreading this dinner.

"Dahlia!" Eve leaped in to my arms and crushed me, I laughed while sending Armaan a glance for help but he joined in the bear hug. Ugh these two are so cute it makes me nauseous.

"Hope you're ready to eat." Armaan said as we all took a seat. Please I've been feeling queasy all day just thinking about see Siddh again.

"I'm honestly looking forward to drinking." I sighed and Eve shot me a look then Armaan.

"No hard liquor tonight Dahlia." Even said with a smile that was anything but sweet, and I rolled my eyes. These days drinking and working have become my routine.

"Fine, if I have enough champagne I'll be straight." I laughed and Armaan just cleared his through while Eve stared me down.

"Listen Dahlia-

-Sorry we're late." All of our heads snapped to Siddh... and Emilia. Oh to hell with just champagne.

"Siddh you didn't tell me you were bringing someone? I'm Eve." She said and the two of them shook hands.

"Sorry we were heading out together." He said as they sat down.

"Nice to meet you all, I'm Emilia." She smiled at me and I smiled back taking her extended hand.

"Dahlia." I said and she smiled some more.

"Well now!Let's get some food and some drinks!" Armaan laughed but Eve was burning holes in to Siddh.

"You like to dance?" Emilia said to me, I had been slowly swaying to the music as the alcohol numbed me of anything. I could only nod and continue to fork at my food. Everyone chatted and had a good time but I couldn't focus on anything. Well I could focus on how Emilia would laugh and lean against Siddh or touch his arm. They just had so many fun stories to tell and so much in common it took everything in me not to roll my eyes. She extended her hand again and I raised my brow.

"Huh?"

"Dance with me." She took my hand and we headed to the dance floor, everyone looked at us confused. Shit me too? I was so caught off guard I didn't fully process what was going on until we made it to the dance floor.

"W-What are you doing?" I asked she held me, oh what the hell?

"I saw how you danced with Siddh a couple of weeks ago. I can tell you enjoy it." She said and I slowly nodded, swaying with her.

"Sorry about that." I said lowly and she just tilted her head.

"Don't be. I'm not a jealous woman." She said then smiled when I rolled my eyes. I don't know what she's trying to start but the alcohol in me won't think twice.

"So how do you know Siddh?" I said without caring, then Emilia smirked.

"Oh we are business partners. He wants in on some of me real estate here in the states." Suddenly I was sober, not really but the haze was definitely lifted.