Chapter 38

Never Find Your Lovin'

Inari. . .

(12:36 AM)

(April 4)

(Friday)

Me and Deantre became very close, closer than I had thought, and that close that I had hoped for. We texted, went out on dates, and just hovered around one another like a tail, but in a good way. It was obvious to everyone that we liked each other, but we ourselves, not yet wanted to except it. He told me all the time, Inari I like, I like you, I like you. And then.., there would be that once in a while, 'I like you too..' That seemed to slip out of my lips. But it was ok, because every time I said it, I MEANT it. Always will. I'm completely falling for Dee. We know each other like the back of our hands.

We sat in the rooftop of some hotel building, illegally. It was dark outside, but the lights of the city line that made the beach water reflect its colors was majestic. These were one of Dee's places of wonder to hang out at, they always seemed to be surprises. We both had heinekens in our hands and slurred our words as we spoke.

"But yea, I think Jasper really likes this girl.. I mean, he is hardly around Venus and I. But, oh well. Dudes found his love.." Deantre slurred his words out, taking another sip of his third Heineken bottle.

"My sister liked him.." I said not thinking clearly, just sipping on my second beer. "But.. She looks like she likes that Chris dude. They look good together.."

"They do. But, I used to go with his girl, if you know the whole story.." He went on. Actually, I knew the whole story. In fact, my sister had exclaimed to me every damn detail. Dee can have a pig like mentality.

"Yes, in fact I do." I took a sip of my now fresh third bottle. A smirk of victory crept upon my lips.

"Oh.." He said, gripping his beer bottle with two hands, embarrassment flooded his face.

"It's all good though.. I guess I understand." I said smiling, shrugging my shoulders. He just shook his head at me, and looked towards out to the sea. What a beauty it was tonight.

"So Inari, tell me.." He began. I looked at him in confusion. What was he asking me?

"What?" I said, putting my beer down.

"Tell me, how you feel about me.." His words even more slurred. He turned his face towards mine, pushing over closer to me just a tiny bit.

"I don't know what your talking about. Deantre, were only friends." I replied, sipping on my beer to wash away the awkward moment that seemed to pass the air.

"Stop It Inari, stop right there. You know.. You know it's there. Because, that's not how I feel at all. " he said, scooting another tiny bit closer.

"What if I told you I didn't feel that way, because I don't." I spat, turning my head away from him. Deantre was now annoying the living hell out of me. And it's all because he was drunk. Why all of a sudden does he want to discuss feelings when he's drunk? Dee knew I didn't enjoy talking about this shit..

"Then I would have to do something I knew you didn't like.." He whispered seductively. I then turned to him and glared like he was insane. He moved closer to me, his eyes half open.

"What the he-" he cut me off completely, by smashing his lips against mine quickly. I didn't know what I was doing exactly, but it felt kind of good. It was just, Deantre. I feared to be around him because I liked him so much. It was just the way things were. He gripped my hips as we sat on the rooftop, and I held his neck with no type of grip at all, so caught up in the moment I guess. Then, I thought for a moment, and stopped. I pushed him off of me softly.