18| Got it Bad.

I just finished my lunch date with Nyx

I just finished my lunch date with Nyx. I dropped her off at the English building.

Now I'm on my way to go home and change for the gym. Hopefully I won't have to face my mortified friends till later.

⏀⏀⏀⏀⏀⏀⏀

When my hands leave the brass door knob my head not even lifted from focusing on opening the door, my fucking twirps of friends are bombarding me with question.

Well.... There goes putting it off.

Leo is bouncing up and down, his face light up with a smile that creases his whole face showcasing his "panty dropping smile" as he calls it. And Rom has a shit eating grin on his face.

"Fuck. let me get through the fucking door your dickwads." I say dramatically as I push through my personal shitting mob of fans.

I throw my hands in the air as I flop my body down onto the couch.

My body is glum and dull, as if it is missing something.

I don't know what.

Nyx you shit.

Ooh gee thanks dipshit

I groan and roll my eyes at my conversation with myself.

"Hey don't you dare roll your eyes at me mister '' Leo says snapping his fingers in front of my face before placing them on his hip. Popping his ass out to the left.

He looks like a soccer mom scolding he kid for fucking up.

Roman snorts from beside him.

He spins to face Rom still with his hands on his hip, ass pointed in my direction with a "menacing" scowl on his face now directed at Rom.

He gasps and puts a hand over his heart.

They both put themselves on the small L shaped corner of our couch looking at me, just waiting for me to spill.

"What?" I tilt my head.

"Well say something damit!" Roman urges with a booming voice. He normally is the quiet one.

Well... apparently the fuck not.

I sigh before diving into my time with Nyx.

Picturing her bright smile shown just for me as she tries to laugh while her cheeks are stuffed with her chocolate scone. The image is engraved into my brain. Her features are replying in my mind.

The way her smile was so large crumbs from her chocolate scone spilled out her mouth and the chocolate sauce sticking to her gorgeously plump red lips. Those mesmerizing eyes squinted from laughter, the lopsided dimple on her right cheek so prominent.

Her dark chestnut almost black hair illuminated to a golden glowing brown as the afternoon sun beamed down on her porcelain complexion allowing the sprinkled flakes of freckles on her scrunched up nose visible from the distance between us on the cafe table.

The image making a smile grace my face.

As I explain my lunch date with Nyx to my friends.

My body yearns for her touch. Wanting to feel her soft delicate hands wrapped around my torso, her face buried into my chest. The feeling of her heart beat against me.

Fuck.

Once I finished my story time, Rom whistled lowly.

"What's that for?"

"You got it bad buddy"

"No shit" I mutter to myself.

My one of many conversations with Nyx runs through my brain.

"Leo, buddy" I get his attention he raises a brow asking to continue.

"Nyx was telling me how excited Cassidy is for your guys' date tomorrow. And I asked what kind of flowers she likes, you know seeing as you asked Cassidy for details about Nyx for me I thought I would do the same." I explain.

He is now on the edge of the couch.

Knee bouncing and a smile still on his face, yet still somehow larger. There's a light in his eyes.

He's got it as bad as me.

"So... what flower? Fucking TELL ME!" Leo askes with a raised voice that the neighbours could hear through the walls.

"Chill bitch. She said Cassidy loves yellow chrysanthemums, jasmine and lavender. As well as white chocolate."

"Okay I'ma go out for a hot sec and order a bouquet with all those, and I'll grab the chocolate on the way." he rambles to himself

He walks over to me and I stand up so we can do the side hug where he claps my back.

Then he's off out the door to the local florist.

"Alright, I'm going to change then hit the gym you are in?" I ask Rom

He nods in return.

⏀⏀⏀⏀⏀⏀⏀

I'm at the end of my deadlift reps when I get a notification beep in my air pod.

I quickly finish my rep then I head to grab my phone off the bench along with some water.

When I open it, it's a text from Nyx.

My heart rate picks up and my body lights up from her text.

But slightly disappointed when he sees it's a question most likely to help out Cassidy with her date.

I responded with silver or light blue, being Leo's favorite color.

On my way to the change room I continued to text back and forth with Nyx.

The smile resting on my face all the way home.

When I'm within my bedroom walls I find myself dropping my smile when I see I have a missed call from Kennedy. She doesn't call often unless needed.

My heart picks up at a scary pace. I quickly hit call back and listen to the ring of the phone.

Each ring makes me more anxious.

Finally my little sisters voice fills my ear drums and some tension is released from my shoulders.

"Kenny is everything okay?" I question authority in my voice.

"Ya everything great I just miss you Rye." with her cheerful 14 year olds voice.

"Oh okay, don't scare me like that. I miss you too. What's new with you?"

I spend the next 20 minutes or so talking about Kenny's game coming up.

When I get off the phone I still have some tension in my back.

Not liking phone calls. Especially if I miss them.

So I find myself pressing the button to facetime Nyx.

Authors Note

Edited {07/7/22}