19|Details

My phone starts to buzz and rings, on my bed where it starts to slowly slide off my bed

I dive across my pile of textbooks, papers and pencils to reach my phone before it fall to the floor.

I didn't make it.

With a big OOF my face eats dirt, ass in the air, legs dangling and  bent back in the most fucking uncomfortable position.

"Fuck."

Hey at least I got my phone.

When I flip over the screen Ryker's face is on display asking to facetime.

"Oh shit, no no no."

I quickly try to re situate myself. But do I get what I fucking want.

Absolutely fucking not.

I'm now sprawled out like a dead ass starfish on my cold wooden floor, most likely with some splinters in the back of my thighs.

I hit the answer button with my phone raised above my head to showcase my entire upper torso on the screen.

His handsome face is displayed just for me.

I take this time to examine a feature that I have come to be so happy staring at.

His raven curls are everywhere, eyebrows furrowed. His light honey-hazel eyes are slightly darker, not with lust as I've seen, but with worry. Their squinted so his long eyelashes straightened out.

My eyes roam the rest of his expression to see his jaw clenched, giving me an amazing view of his strong jaw- not the time. His rosy lips in a thick line. Nose scrunched at the corners.

When I'm done examining his features my smile slowly slips and is replaced with a concerned expression.

"What's wrong?" I want to see if he'll open up.

I get a bewildered expression to overcome his worried expression.

He doesn't answer my question with an answer but with another question.

"How do you know something is wrong?"

" I can tell. Know what is wrong." I try to leave no room for more questions but does he take the hint?

Not at all.

"But how?" he presses. So I tell him how I know something is wrong.

" I know because you're almost always light honey-hazel, eyes are darker and squinted, your jaw is clenched, lips in a tightly thick line. Your nose is scrunched at the corners that add to your brows. And I can see it in your eyes. You're worried. Know what are you worried about?"

Ryker's lips are parted, eyes wide letting me see something new flash through his eyes and a light pink tint rises to his cheeks.

"Wow." is all he's able to say.