29| Mio Stellina

Ryker fell asleep on my chest minutes ago

My mind won't allow me to shut off.

Her words are still there, but knowing he feels that way for me gives me hope.

Hope that I'm not just some fuck to him, that what bond we have made in the past couple days is deeper and stronger than anything someone can break.

My hands continue their path up and down his spine, keeping him in a lullaby state.

The light from the hallway through the opening door draws my attention.

When I look over everyone is piling in.

Cassy, Hav, Leo and Roman all stare in shock to what I believe is me awake.

Cassy and Hav let out a squeal and rush to my side.

Letting out a chuckle at their excitement I shush them not wanting to wake up Ryker.

He desperately needs sleep, from the red rimmed eyes to the slightly darkened bags under those dulled saddened hazel-honey brown eyes.

He shows so much emotion in his eyes it amazes me that a man can openly show that kind of emotion after what he's been through.

Oh god!

The hospital he must hate that he has to be in once again after his brother.

Just the thought of a smaller, younger looking Ryker walking into the hospital to find out his twin brother died. Makes my eyes tear up.

"Hey hey what's wrong?" Cassy's voice shakes me loose from the images of a young heart broken Ryker.

Shaking my head to remove those images I let out a small 'nothing'.

"Bullshit" Haven's voice is tense and sturdy.

Well... shit.

"It's nothing, I'm okay." I give them a smile.

But the looks on there faces says 'we don't believe you for one fucking second'

I sigh "I just... I just can't imagine how hard it was for him to step foot into a hospital again."' I look down at my gorgeous boy and sound asleep in my hold.

Before the girls could ask questions the Roman voice spoke up. "He told you?"

I look over to the two boys to see them with astonishment written clear as day on their faces.

"Ya he did on our dinner date Sunday." Leo's eyes go slightly wider before they drop and smirk rises on his lips.

"I'll be damned. He hasn't spoken a word about that day since we were 16."

"Oh." is all I can say.

"Does anybody care to fill us in on what you 3 are talking about?" Cassidy looks back and forth between the three of us. Haven nods her head in agreement.