23|Here.

My breathing is erratic, my heart pounding in my chest

Cassidy's warm arms are secured around my shaking body. Her voice was muffled by the barrier of overflowing thought in my mind.

I breathe in and out of my nose not even bothering trying to use my mouth to take in breaths because it will hurt too much.

The pain of my lungs collapsing, needles prickling my tight veins. Threatening to burst.

Stabbing sensation in my abdomen and throat. Mouth dry.

I try and ask for help but the words feel like razor blades in my throat.

My eyes are blankly staring at the wall next to my door, reliving those dark life changing nights all in one.

My eyes shift to the door opening.

Haven walks in. I'm about to move my line of sight back to the wall when a larger frame comes through the door.

My body and soul recognize him immediately, without hesitation my shoulders slump.

He's here.

He came.

Why though? He didn't have to. We only just met. Shit its not even been a whole week.

It doesn't matter why. He came. My heart added.

I sighed and listened.

He rushes over and sits himself down on my bed, his arms replacing Cassidy's.

He pulls me to his chest as he lays back on my bed, back against my head board.

I cling to him like a koala. Legs on either side of his hips, arms on his broad shoulders. Face buried deep in the column of his neck. Closing myself off from the world.

My safe space.

Finding my breath when his scent envelop's me.

His steady heart beat concerning mine. Regulating my erratic one.

Ryker's hand safeguarded my trembling body. His other hand runs up and down my back.

The warmth radiating off his palms brings tingles of tranquility to my skin.

His mouth hums endless words in my ears.

His voice breaking through my barrier, stopping the overflowing flood of thoughts.

Tears pooling out, down staining his shirt.

My sobs and his voice fill the dark space I call my room.

After hours I feel myself drifting off into a slumber.

Holding tight to Ryker, making sure he doesn't disappear.