Kabanata 26 - The Wedding Day (Part 2)

(A/N: Sinadya ko pong gawing part 1&2 ang wedding nila kasi po sobrang taas. Inilagay ko ito sa isang chapter at halos umabot ng 6k words. Ayun po. Continue reading (✿^‿^))

THE priest do the sign of the cross, and everyone followed.

“Jesus said:
From the beginning of creation,
God made them male and female.
For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother
and be joined to his wife,
and the two shall become one flesh.
So they are no longer two but one flesh.
Therefore what God has joined together,
no human being must separate. The Gospel of the Lord.” panimula ng pari.

“Praise to you, Lord Jesus Christ.” answered everyone.

Umupo si Gail at Jett sa upuan na hinanda sa kanila.

“My beloved brothers and sisters, we are gathered today to witness the Holy Union of Gail and Jett in marriage with the presence of our God. Their greatest love brought them here as they commit to love, care and be with each other until the last breath of their lives. Any moment they'll seal and tie the knot that will bind them for eternal life.  Let's give them a round of applause.” the priest added.

Everyone including Gail and Jett clapped their hands.

Tumingin ang pari sa kanilang dalawa. “Marriage is a life-long commitment, Gail and Jett. Gaya ng kasabihan na ang kasal ay hindi parang mainit na kanin na 'pag napaso ka, iluluwa mo. The moment you face the altar of marriage, exchanged rings and vowed to each other is the moment you commit yourselves to always be there in your partner's side for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do you part.”

Taimtim na nakikinig ang lahat.

“In the Holy Gospel, what God has joined together, no human being must separate. Totoo. Marriage is sacred and it should never and ever be ended whatever challenges may come into your lives. You vowed, not only in the eyes of these people who come to witness your union, but you also vowed with God. You are bind for eternal life and no one can put an end to your marriage.” the priest continued.

Tumingin si Gail kay Jett nang hawakan nito ang kaniyang kamay nang mahigpit. Nginitian niya si Jett. And the latter smiled back.

“Gaily.”

“Hmm?”

“I was scared earlier.” parang batang sumbong nito.

Humawak si Gail pabalik sa kamay ni Jett. “Why?”

“I thought you'll runaway. I thought you're having second thoughts tapos hindi mo ako sisiputin.” tugon nito.

Mahinang pinisil ni Gail ang kamay nito. “That would never happen, Jetty.”

Jett smiled. “I love you always.”

Gail smiled sweetly. “I love you more.”

Ang homilya ng pari ay nagpatuloy. Nakinig muli ang dalawa.

Pagkatapos ng homilya ay pinatayo silang dalawa.

The candle sponsors were requested to come forward to light the two candles.Their parents as well, together with the other principal sponsors were requested to stand and act as witnesses at this Holy moment. When the commentator asserted the significant meaning of lightning the candles, the 2 principal sponsors designated on that position immediately light the candles.

The priest give statement and blesses them as the new married couple in Christian community.

Afterwards, the priest said, “May I ask you to answer the questions with all honesty. Gail and Jett, please face each other.”