Twenty-Three

Rory's POV

I get up early and go outside, when I get outside I mumble a spell to put a barrier spell around so that when Victoria or any other vampire comes in they can't leave.

I did the same on the battle field, when I did that I made it so that only me or Inadu can bring down the barrier. Inadu is actually down by the battlefield so that she can absorb some of the magic that's keeping the newborns alive.

I soon change into something else since it was cold last night and I had a bunch of layers up. Right now I'm wearing a sweater that says exactly how I feel, sleep. I wish I was sleeping. I'm wearing back leggings, fuzzy boots and a fuzzy hat.

"So your in love with Paul?" I turn to see Edward standing behind me "I heard Seth's thoughts"

"Maybe" I mumble looking around "is Bella asleep?" He nods his head "Seth told me this morning Jacob was Bella's personal heater last night" his face darkens at the memory "I'm sorry"

"What?" He asks "why are you sorry?"

"You had to watch your mate be in another man's arms" I say "that couldn't have been easy" then I whisper "did you propose?" He nods his head "what did she say?"

"She said yes" I squeal "oh my god!"

"What?" Angela comes over then and I whisper in her ear what Edward did "oh my god!" We smile at him and give him a hug.

"So you two don't mind?" He asks

"Why would we?" Confused

"Because she's becoming a vampire" Edward says "I'm taking away her ability to have kids, getting the chance to die a natural way, having to drink blood to survive..."

"She loves you" Angela smiles "when you were gone she only thought of you" then thinks "I know this is off topic but you said that the shifters smell and to you " he nods his head "do we smell bad to you?"

"No" shaking his head "it's weird, but you guys have that wonderful new puppy smell when we are near you" Angela and I smile "it's weird, normal werewolves smell like this terrible dead dog that's been rotting for months" we scrunch our noses at the thought of that "maybe it's because you two are different breeds"

"There's another one?" We ask

"What's going on?" We see Bella come over after Seth goes to patrol the area, he's in his wolf form right now. Angela and I look at each other then to Bella smiling, which freaks her out. "Uh"

"I told them" Edward tells her and Bella sighs relieved "and we were talking about the one other breed of werewolves and their scent, plus theirs"

"What do they smell like?" Bella asks

"Angela, Rory and the other werewolves smell like that wonderful puppy smell that is amazing to smell" he tells her

"We'll give you guys some time" Taking Angela's arm we go aside and wait for the battle to begin.

"So how long do you think the battle will be?" Angela asks

"Probably no longer than twenty minutes" looking at her "maybe thirty, with Inadu taking some of the life force/magic keeping the newborns alive they'll be weak"

"Oh" she says

"Nick will be fine" I grab her hand "plus he and Clayton are with the imprints so they won't be in the battle" this gives her more comfort.

"Jake, please!" We hear Bella yell and we go see what's going on. When we do we see Bella upset and Jacob pissed.

"I'm done" Jacob tells her "I'm so done"

"What can I do?" She begs

"You can't do anything" he tells her "I can, by going out there and killing something" Angela and I look at him wide eyed.

"No" she screams "your not thinking clearly"

"Should we interfere?" Angela asks

"I don't think so" I tell her "if things escalate I'm knocking Jacob out, he's been thinking the way he's acting is okay but it's not. He most likely found out Bella said yes to marrying Edward, Bella even made it clear she didn't love him like that" I tell her "even when Bella punched him"

"Or maybe I'll get myself killed" He tells her "and make it simple for you"

"Now we interfere" I tell Angela, soon we get out of our places "Jacob Black!" He looks our way pissed

"What does an abomination like either of you want?" Angela and I growl at him

"You are selfish" Angela tells him, he scowls at us "no, you don't get to act like this just because you can't see Bella never saw you the way you wanted her to see you"

"You don't know anything" he takes a step towards us "either of you"

"Oh and your prepared to have your father go through heartbreak losing his only son?" I ask crossing my arms "your prepared for your friends and family to lose someone they love because your upset over being rejected?"

"She's right" Angela adds "you're only what? 17, you have your whole life ahead of you" he just shakes his head "what? If Bella isn't in your life you don't want to live?"

"Ad somnum" soon Jacob falls unconscious, Bella and Angela look at me "what? Nothing we say would have changed his mind, Edward!" I scream and soon he comes over "hold in your breath and help us hide Jacob" he nods his head and we pull him aside and soon we put him by Seth who comes out and growls when he sees Jacob unconscious.

"No Seth" Edward says to Seth "Jacob was going to get himself killed, Rory kept him from doing that" Seth just nods his head.

Time Skip

"The fights started" Edward tells us "we're winning" after a few minutes Seth runs into the woods "she's close" Edward tells us "and she isn't alone"

We look to see Riley Biers and Victoria appear "Riley" Angela says when he walks towards us "listen to us, she's using you" he stops and looks at us.

"Victoria is using you" I tell him "she's only doing this to avenge her real mate" he looks at Victoria "I can show you" Victoria looks scared then. So I show him the events of James, Laurent and Victoria appearing.

"See" Edward tells Riley "please listen to us"

"No" Victoria tells him "there's only you" she has her claws deep in him.

"Ad somnum" I do what I did to Jacob earlier causing him to pass out.

"What did you do?" Victoria demands, and then I blast lightning at her. She soon turns to dust by how much voltage I shot her with.

"Oh my god" Angela says