Twenty-Nine

I head outside and take the phone call "hey Paul" I chuckle nervously.

"What's wrong?" He asks

"What do you mean?" I counter "nothings wrong why would you think that?"

"First by how your acting and second you haven't called or answers my calls in a week" he answers "plus I know you"

"I'm sorry, I've been preoccupied" I tell him "I think it's best if you come to the Cullen residence, you need to see for yourself why I've been preoccupied" then I sigh when Edward glares at me "know that I'm sorry for not telling you sooner" I then hang up. I go inside and up the stairs, once there Edward pins me against the wall choking me.

"Edward!" Many people yell at him, soon he falls when Jane uses her powers on him.

"Jane" I say and soon she stops, Edward glares at me "if I don't tell Paul he will hate me, he deserves to know since he's in my life" not being sorry one bit.

"Paul is coming over?" Bella asks "what about Jake?"

"I don't know" I tell her
⚜️
Paul's POV

She hung up, what's so important that she can't tell me over the phone. Did she cheat? Did she kill someone? What's going on?

I phase into a wolf and run to the Cullens, once I'm there I see Rory standing outside with a scared expression on her face. I phase back into a human and put on my clothes, when I go to her I see nothing physically wrong.

"Rory?" She keeps her eyes on me "what's going on?"

"It's not me" she says "it's Bella" now I'm really confused "just know that this is why I've been very preoccupied, also know everyone is already on edge inside" okay so confused.

"Okay" nodding my head "what's going on with Bella? She's back so is she a vampire?"

"No" shaking her head "we wish that were the case" she takes a deep breath in and out before saying "she's pregnant"

I stare at me imprint shocked and unsure of words "I don't understand" I say "did Bella and Edward decide to do an insemination? Why is Bella being pregnant why everyone's on edge?" Did she cheat on Edward? No that can't be it, Rory would have told me. I mean what's going on?

"No, the baby is Edwards"

"What?" I ask now. Ore confused since vampires are dead.

"I said" I cut her off

"I heard you" telling her "I thought vampires can't procreate" if the baby is Edwards then what is it? What's going on?

"Apparently they can" she says "and the baby, it grows very fast" she takes me hand and we go inside. We head up the stairs to the living room and everyone stares at me, Chief Swan is even here.

Then I notice Bella, her state and her very pregnant belly. "Uh" is all I say then I look away "Um that is a baby right?" I dodge the shoe that was thrown at me head. "Wrong thing to say" I mumble

"Yes it's a baby" Carlisle tells me "we think...ultrasounds and needs won't penetrate the sack"

"You think?" I ask then I look at Leah "you've known the entire time?"

"I'm not apart of Sam's pack" she says "also we don't know what it is, just keep an open mind"

"That's what most of us are doing" Inadu tells me "sorry Bella but this is uncharted territory for us"

"I understand" she says drinking blood? I then look to the blonde Rosalie and she's also pregnant.

"Are you drinking blood?" I ask "and how is the blonde pregnant?"

"It's the only thing allowing Bella to keep food down" Rory tells me "and Inadu and I created a potion to allow mom to have kids"

"It was experimental" Inadu adds

"Guess you should have used protection" I joke, some of the others smirk at my comment.

"Guess we should have" Bella agrees and soon we laugh, everyone but Charlie, Esme and Carlisle. When we all stop Bella asks "how's Jake?"

"Not good" I tell her "he thinking of ways to kill your husband as we speak and enjoying that it's the one thing he can do"

"Really?" Charlie asks "wasn't it made clear that Bella didn't feel what Jake felt for her?"

"Yes" sighing "it's been a real rough month since your wedding" she looks down sad, great now I feel like an ass "it's best if Jacob doesn't know"
⚜️
Rory's POV

Another week has gone by, Charlie has gone to see Billy. Bella is now healthier thanks to the blood bags we give her, the Cullens minus mom are out hunting right now since my coven is keeping me an eye on her when we hear the front door banging.

"It's Jacob" Nick tells me

"I'll answer it" I leave as the banging becomes more insistent, I see Paul came downstairs too to help in case Jacob does something. When I answer it Jacob barges in determination on his face.

"Where's the doctor?" He demands

"He and the others are out hunting" I tell him "what do you want?"

"Just give it to me straight" he demands

"Jake is that you?" Bella asks, she was asleep so when Jacob was banging on the door it woke her up.

"She's here?" He asks pissed at me, he goes to the stairs but is blocked by Paul and now Leah who joins "what's with you two? Let me through" but they don't.

"Leave Jake" Leah and Paul have their arms crossed

"Why?" He asks "she's a leech right?" Looking at us "that's why you won't let me see her? But why let Charlie see her? Hmm?" Just then he shoved his way through and we go upstairs to where Jane and Alec are standing in front of Bella and mom. We all look at Jacob studying his next few movements.

"I'm glad you came" Bella says, and Jacob goes closer but Jane stops him.

"That's close enough" she says coldly

"What's your problem?" Looking around "why won't you let me see Bella?"

"Jane, Alec" Bella says "I'm better now, it's okay to let him see me"

"Rory?" Jane asks, I nod me head and soon they step aside letting him see Bella and mom. Because of the blankets covering their bellies he doesn't see why we're all on guard.

"Your still human" he comments we can hear the happiness in his voice "you also look terrible"

"I look better than I did a week ago" she counters smiling

"What does that mean?" He asks and then she and mom show Jacob why we are all on guard with him being here.

His face darkens looking at them "your pregnant?"