Saying goodbye is hard to say

Emily's POV

My head hurts, my whole body hurts. I open my eyes, the sun light hits me, so i close them again. I see that Ali is next to me, and she's already awake, she's looking at me. Her eyes are red and puffy, probably like mine. I don't even have enough strenght to say good morning to her. She makes a weak smile and then she slowly caress my cheek. I manage myself to make a little smile and i look at her now.

"Good morning" She says low.

I want to answer, but nothing came from my mouth. She keeps looking at me, and i keep looking at her. I see that her eyes are tearing up, i grab her hand, the one that is on my cheek, and i grab it hard. But it didn't stop her, suddenly she breaks down. I don't know what to do, i feel like i'm about to start to cry, but i don't want to. I slowly move to her and i hug her, but when she starts to cry on my shoulder i start to cry too. After a few minutes we calm down, and she cleans the tears from her face. She sits on the bed and look at me.

"Em, it's 2pm, we have to wake up and eat something" She says with a sad voice.

I stand up, but i feel so tired. We walk out and we go down stairs. I hear steps, my mother. I totally forgot about her, i don't know if she knows, what if she doesn't know and we have to tell her? I can't do it. We walk in the kitchen, and my mom look at us. I can see in her face that she already knows, her eyes are red and puffy too. She comes to us and hug both of us. I can't do anything but start to cry again, so does Ali.

"I'm so sorry" Says my mother trying to keep her tears.

We stay quiet, i don't know what to say. My mom knows Hanna since we were ten or something like that.

"Her mom just called, she said that her funeral is tomorrow morning" My mom says pulling away from us to face us.

"O-okay" Says Ali loking at my mom.

We eat quiet, i don't want to do anything today, i don't feel like doing anything, I don't even want to change my clothes, i just want to go back to my room and rest in the bed. We finish and we go back to my room. In the moment i walk in i go the bed and lie there. I feel Ali hugging me from the back, she's resting her head right behind mine.

"Em, i know you don't want to do anything today, i don't want too but... we can't stay like this, we can't be like this. This feeling is going to kill us" She says low right next to my ear. I turn to face her, i wanna talk.

"I-i know" I say low "But i can't do anything about it" I say closing my eyes.

She gets closer, and just look at me. I can see in her eyes that she feels exactly the same i feel riht now, but she's trying to make me feel better.

"I know Em, but we have to be strong now, we can't let this ruin our lifes. I know is something horrible, and it's going to be so hard to get over it, actually, i don't think i'm going to be cabable of it but we can't let this put us down, we have to keep living okay? We have to do it Em, that's what she'd like us to do" She says trying to sound strong, but i know she wants to cry right now.

Her words make me cry again, i know that's what Hanna would like us to do, but i just can't. I get closer to her, i want to hug her and don't move. She wraps her arms around me and i rest my head on her chest.

"I don't want to do anything today" I say trying to stop crying.

"Me either" She says hugging me tigher.

"Can we stay like this all day?" I ask her. I just want to be with her, on her arms.

"Of course" She says giving me a kiss in my forehead "But tomorrow we have to go there" She says avoiding the word.