One year

Emily's POV

After the graduation we got a message from Aria, not by the phone, it was a letter. She didn't say where she is, she just wanted to let us know that she's okay and that she didn't go to the graduation because she was to far from here.

I have no idea of where she can be right now. Anyway, today i'm not going to think about this, today i'm going to think only in Alison. Today is our first year anniversary. It's Sunday, we have morning turn at the Brew. I thought that after work i'm gonna take her to the lake to a picnic and then I'll take her to my house, my mom left to Texas again so we are alone. We'll watch some movies and just cuddle, just the way she likes it, simple but romantic and with love... and everything is going to be a surprise. I wake up soon, i don't want to be late at work. She's in her house, her grandmother came yesterday and they had this family dinner so she stayed at her house. I go down stairs fast, i'm gonna prepare some sandwiches and then i'm gonna prepare the whole bag. Two days ago i bought her a present, it's a necklace like the one she gave me but with a little Eiffel tower, i think she'll like it. When i'm ready to go out i get a message from her.

A: "Pick me up? Jason took the car" I read smiling.

E: "Sure! I'll be there in 10" I answer fast.

A: "Thank you! I'm waiting, love you!" She answer instantly.

E: "Love you too" I say and i turn off the phone.

I get out and i hide the bag with everything for the picnic and i start to drive to her house. When i park in front of it i don't need to ring the door, she's already walking out. She comes to the car with a smile and she gets into the car right next to me.

"Hey" She says leaning in to kiss me.

I kiss her back for a few seconds and then i smile at her. By her face i know she didn't forget about what day is it, but she's trying to figure out if i forgot. I'm gonna make her believe i did to surprise her even more later.

"Ready to work?" I say turning on the car and trying to look normal.

"Yeah, lets go" She says looking at me in a weird way, but i just ignore it.

We get there talking about college. We already decided where are we going to go. We're both going to Hollis, we wanted to be close from here and they have what we want to study and everything so, it's perfect. We get into the Brew and go to our place to leave our things and stuff. We go there, we put on our uniform, which so simple, and we are ready to work. There's another guy working here, his name is Brian, he's no nice with us and he help us. We're such good friends now.

"Hey Ali and Emily" He says with that happy voice he always has.

"Hey Brian" We say at the same time.

"Like always right?" He says smiling.

"Yep" I say smiling too.

Usually i'm the one who makes the coffees and Ali is the waitress. Brian goes all over the place as a waiter and also he cooks. I go to my place and start to make coffees. There's like only two people here, so we don't have to much work to do. I'm just looking at Ali cleaning some tables when Brian comes behind me.

"Em" He says behind me.

I turn to face him, he was an awkward face. What could happen? He's never like this.

"What?" I say kind of worried.

"I don't know if i should tell you, but i feel like i have to" He says whispering. Now i'm worried.

"What is it?" I say worried.

"You know what day is today?" He says looking at Ali.

"Yeah..." I say nervous.