In the end

Alison's POV

It's been one year since wee graduate in college. Our life has been amazing this past five years, college was amazing, we made a lot of new friends. The first year was kind of hard but the other ones were easy, but still, the finals weeks were the most horrible part of the semester. I remember Emily, Andy, a girl called Lea from Emily's class and me in our house studying the whole day and night for two weeks, but it was so fun. When we graduated we had to look for a new job, after all this years at the brew was sad to say goodbye, mostly to Brian but we still see him around. Now Emily works in Rosewood High as the swim coach, like she always wanted and I'm writing a novel. A few weeks before I graduated I showed a little story I wrote to a big company of books and I don't how they liked it, they told me that when I graduate I could show them more and maybe they'll could offer me an opportunity. During this past year I've been writing articles for different things, like magazines to make some money but a month ago it happened. This company called me saying that if I write something good and they like it, they'll publish it and here I am right now, writing all day, trying to do my best but I think they'll like it. Emily and her team won the nationals last year, so some schools offered her a job but we decided to stay here, we don't have the need to move, we're so good in here. Besides all this great things, other bad happened. Spencer moved to Washington in her third year of college, her grades were perfect and they offered her an opportunity to go there and study in a very good college and... she said yes. We don't know anything about her, we talked for a year but she was too busy to come over here and we couldn't go there either so, one day we just stopped talking. Same with Aria and Caleb, we don't know anything about them, but I knew that was going to happen. Most of the people we meet in high school are gone, like Noel or Toby, he broke up with Spencer when she went to Washington. It's kind of sad, but it's how it was supposed to be, we all made a decision and continued with our life. I'm grateful my decision contained Emily, I don't know with could I be if I wasn't with her. We've been married for five years and everything has been perfect, I'm so grateful about what I have. My family were so happy when I got that offer from the book company, they are kind of old now, it's kind of shocking seeing them growing up, but I guess it's the same for them when they see us now. Emily's father had to leave the army for a heart disease and now he's always at home, Emily is so happy about that.

Right now I'm writing, basically like always. It's Friday, I'm waiting for Emily to come home from the High school. I already have 30 chapters, I love writing, I love expressing my ideas and let the people who read them see the way I see things in this world. I can't explain what I feel while I'm writing, Emily says it's like I go inside of another world because I forget about everything that it's around me and I just write.

"Heeeeey" I hear from the door, yay she's home.

I save what I wrote and I go to her. She opens her arms and hugs me when i'm next to her, I hug her back and I give her a little kiss.

"How was your day?" I ask her as we walk to our room, she's gonna leave her stuff there.

"It was so good, as always. What did you do?" She asks me smiling.

"What do you think?" I answer her smirking.

"Mmmm, let me guess... of course not writing" She says in a sarcastic voice, but then she smirks at me.

I laugh and she comes to me again, she grabs my hands. She's a little bit taller than me, I can see the necklace I gave her that day we passed in Noel's cabin one summer, we were in the lake, I remember perfectly. I smile looking at it for the fact that she's still wearing it.

"I have an idea" She says smiling at me.

"What is it?" I ask her curious.

"You'll see later, we're gonna go somewhere, but first I have to take a shower" She says making a funny voice and going to the bathroom.

I sit on the bed and I look around. I see all the pictures of us when we were young. They make me remember a lot of things... I kind of get a little emotional every time I do this, but I just can't help it. I'll do anything to go back in time and live again all this moments, like our summer trip in California. All this pictures all gold, they contain all our memories, I'm never going to take them away from the wall. I'm kind of curious about where is Emily going to take me, she always surprises me. I look at myself, I'm still on my pajamas, I have to change. I go to the closet, I'm gonna wear something comfortable and cute, like always. By the time I finish getting dressed Emily comes out from the bath and gets dressed too. We walk into the car and she starts driving.

"Tell where we are going please" I say basically begging.

"Nope, you'll see it in a minute. And probably you'll figure out before we get there" She says smiling.

But honestly, right now I have no idea of where could we be going. I look around and I see trees, maybe the lake? But we go there a lot, almost every month, to stay there for the whole day or with Andy and the others or just to be clam and rest. She stops the car and we walk out, we're in the woods. She takes my hand and we start to walk through the trees. After a few minutes walking I know exactly where we are going, I'm so dumb, how couldn't I figure out? It's been ages since the last time we were in the kissing rock, for real, I don't even remember the last time we were here. I'm kind of excited now, I'm wondering if the painting it's still there. We keep walking 'till I can see it, as we get closer I see the painting "EF+AD" Suddenly it's like all my memories with her come to my head. When we painted that, when we kissed in the library... When she grabbed my hand to walk out from the bus the day I came back, and then when we kissed in the bathroom. When no one knew we're dating and Hanna caught Emily with a hickey... the summer trip, when we were in the beach in the night, the trip to Paris, when she proposed... All comes to my head, I feel my eyes tearing up a little. She sits on the rock and I sit on her lap with my arms around her neck, hers are grabbing me from my waist. We look at each other right on the eyes.

"This is basically where everything started... and look at us now" She says making a little smile, I smile back, she's right.

"For always remember?"

"For always"