CHAPTER-2

Author's POV:

Next morning.

"This is not a good morning." Y/n mumbled as she walked down the stairs.

"Oh, you're here? This early?" She spoke as she saw her ex-friend.

"I think we've got work. It's okay, I can wait." He muttered coldly.

Her heart aches as she sees him being cold and distant.

"I'm sorry. I'd be back." She spoke and went to her room.

She changed her clothes into a black suit with a white T-shirt along with white sneakers.

Taking her bag and some files she walked into the living room.

"I'll hold the file." He mumbled and she nodded as she handed the file to him.
He checked the file while she went to the kitchen to get some cold coffee.

"We can go now." She came back.

"Breakfast?" He asked.

"Coffee is enough. Let's go." She spoke as she glanced at the front door.

Nodding, he went to the car along with her and drove off to the office.

No one uttered a word. Usually this time of the day would be full of laughter between them and all, but everything changed with a small moment, say a misunderstanding.

"We're here." He spoke and she nodded.

"I'll bring the file once I check it." He spoke and she nodded again as she walked out of the parking lot.

Walking in the office hallways, she was greeted by the staff which she greeted back with a slight smile for the courtesy.

"This gonna be a long day." She chuckled as she hung her coat on the hanger.

Dragging her feet to the restroom, she injected her drug which gives her some peace.

"Need to stock them up." She mumbled and threw the syringe.

Washing her face, she made her way out of the restroom.

"What's it, Mr. Kim?" She asked as she saw her secretary waiting for her.

"Umm. I need your signatures here." He spoke as he showed her some files.

"Oh, okay. A minute." She spoke and he nodded.

Gulping the glass of wine she poured for herself, she leaned down to read the stacked papers.

"Umm. I had read it, Ms. Park. Please sign them, I have to submit them." He spoke with nervousness which surely made Y/n suspicious.

But, she had faith in him. So, she shrugged away the thoughts and signed them in haste.

"Done." She smiled and gave the file to him.

"We've a meeting in the afternoon. And I'd send some more files which need your signatures. I'm sorry for the delay of the file which I caused today." He apologized.

"No need to apologize, Mr. Kim. I know it must be important and you needed my signatures. It's okay." She smiled and he nodded.

"I'll take my leave." He let out a shaky breath and she nodded.

"Am I sensing something wrong?" She mumbled as she saw him leave.

Shrugging her shoulders, she sighed and started working.

It's been an hour since she started working until her office door got clicked.

"Hey, yo!" The person greeted,