CHAPTER- 24

Recap:

(Refer Chapter-22.2)

"I am sorry." He hugged her tighter.

Her mind went blank, no words escaped her mouth while he was longing to hear her voice.

"Are you here to kill me?"

Author's POV:

"Are you here to kill me?" She asked while being hugged by him.

Her face was buried in his chest.

She was hyperventilating, tears left her eyes.

He pulled off the hug and held by her shoulder.

Her eyes slowly met his brown orbs, which were filled with love towards her. This was the mystic feeling she felt after 3 years.

They were into each other's eyes until she broke the contact and left her eyes on the floor.

His heart clenched as she shed tears, thinking he's here to kill her.

New set of tears flowed down from his eyes.

He crouched to her height and made her look at him.

With a small smile, he shook his head and wiped her tears away.

"I can't kill you." He mumbled wiping the new set of tears which streamed down her face.

Her agony was on display to them. The agony she hid from everyone, made a fake facade of being happy.

"I will never." He smiled.

She yanked his hand away and wiped her own tears.

"Why are you here?" She mumbled as she trailed her eyes at everyone there.

"If not to kill me, why are you here?" She shrilled, contemplating the person whom she once loved and adored and still does.

Tears flowed down of hurt, betrayal.

"I am sorry." He hugged her as she was quivering in pain.

She writhed in his arms, he was tightening his grip to calm her down
It was her safe place once, in his arms. She wished him to hold her in his arms when she was struggling with the pain in her pregnancy, kicks, craving. She wished him to be with her, say that it's alright, say that she will make it through the pregnancy. (When she was pregnant with Seol.)

"Please, I am sorry." He hugged her.
She stopped struggling.

She was weak, even though she's acting as if she's active among Seol and others, she's weak, a weak little girl.

Jungkook was devastated by her acting skill.

Surely if she's casted in movies she'd earn trillions and even will get an Oscar for her acting skill.

"I am sorry. I am sorry, I wasn't there in your agony. I am sorry, love." He soothed her back.

Her eyes and her demeanor was cold as Ice berg. Which surely will send shivers in anyone's spine.

Her eyes held nothing, but her pain. Pain she faced and is facing.

She pushed him off gently and gaped at him.

"I am not in agony, Mr. Jeon." She spoke with cold eyes, which were tired of the pain she had. Tired of everything.
Her fragile weak pale body is proof of that.

"I won't be. I killed my own daughter, I wrecked our relationships. I hurted you." She grinned as tears left her eyes. For every word, she shed a tear.

"I don't want to hear any of the fake things anymore. If you're here to kill me. Do it and leave." She wiped her tears.