CHAPTER THREE

The class was pin drop silent

The class was pin drop silent. Up to twenty pairs of eyes were on me. Thankfully, I wasn't as nervous as I thought I would be. But still I was a little anxious.

Have you ever in your life wished that a certain moment will happen so quickly that you could get it over with already?

That's how I felt. All I wanted was to not go on without introducing myself but somehow it will be imprinted in people's memories that I did.
Do you feel like that when you're about addressing a number of people or it's just me?

"Hi everyone. I'm Rhys Davidson" I said.

Phew! At least I didn't stutter.
I actually sounded more confident than I felt.

"Everyone be nice to her" the teacher said to my new classmates. He then turned to me, "I'm Mr. Jack Owolabi, your class teacher. Abel, take her to empty seat next to yours."

There were five columns and four rows of desks in the classroom making a total of twenty desks.

Abel's seat was the middle one on the last row while my seat was on his right hand side.

The next few hours of my life felt like pure torture.

My first class was double period Mathematics! Yay! My favourite subject. Note the sarcasm.

Next class was Economics, my second worst which has absolutely nothing to do with Arts. I don't even know why I'm forced to take that class anyways.

French class followed afterwards. At least there was one subject I liked today.

We had the first two lessons in our classroom while French class was in a wider classroom on the ground floor.

I forgot to mention that our lockers are not in the hallways like I'm used to.

Our desks carry all our notebooks and a few other stuffs inside it. It's also lockable.
There is a huge shelf at the back of our classroom where our textbooks are organized in order of subjects.

Finally the bell rang for lunch break and I walked out of French class with Abel.
We walked through the hallways and I received curious stares from a few people.
By few I mean the small population of the world that schools here. Their stares made me self conscious and very uncomfortable.

Noticing my discomfort, "Ignore them, they're just curious about the new face. How are you finding your first day?" Abel asked.

"Terrible. The timetable here sucks"

He laughed a bit, "I feel you. Don't worry, you'll get used to it"
We started climbing up the stairs.

"I don't want to, the school should do something about their timetable "

"We met the timetable like that and we will leave it like that " he shrugged, "How is Graham High as a whole for you so far?"

"I don't know, yet"