06. Not. My. Girlfriend

The bell for lunch break rang and we all piled out of the computer room where all the students of SS2 shared a class

We climbed up the stairs back to our various classrooms. I sat at my desk and pulled out my sketch pad to complete a sketch I've been working on for a while.

“Hey” a voice said in front of my desk.

“Hello” another said.

I slowly lifted my head and recognized them, they sat at the front row of the class.

“Hi” I returned their smile.

“I'm Iveren, IV for short” the first one spoke.

“I'm Yinka” the other introduced.

“Ok? Nice to meet you”

“I'm sorry about the little Brenda situation you are going through” Iveren was the one that spoke.

“Thank you?”

“We come in peace” Iveren said and smiled sweetly.

“We're just here to make friends with you”

“So friends?” Iveren asked and extended her hand.

“Friends” I replied with a smile then shook her hand before taking Yinka's.

“Would you like to have lunch with us?” Yinka offered.

“Nah. I'm fine”

“PE is today, you might die of hunger” Yinka exaggerated.

I laughed, “Seriously, I'm fine"

“Well since we can't force you, take care” Iveren said.

“Aiit” a lazy smile was plastered on my lips while I returned to my sketch.

“Seems you made new friends” Blaise said and pushed himself from the doorframe where he was leaning.

“What are you doing here?” I asked and continued sketching.

“I'm happy to see you too” he stood in front of me with a grin. “Do you want to go out for some ice cream?” he asked.

I paused my movements and looked up at him, “Are you trying to act like you didn't hear about the ruckus your girlfriend created?”

He pulled the chair in front of me closer to my desk. Without turning it around and he sat on it facing me with his arms crossed over the back of the seat, “I'm really sorry about that. Brenda is just childish, she'll probably soon get over this. And again. She's. Not. My. Girlfriend”

I avoided his gaze and went back to sketching, “You should be having lunch right now” I stated.

“I'm not really hungry at the moment. What are you even doing?” he asked and tried to peep.