16. Never Far From Trouble

Hiiiiiiiiiiii
Long time, no see.

PrimRose is back for good.
I have written a couple of chapters ahead so hopefully there will be no delays.

Enjoy!

7:47 AM

“Someone looks happy” Abel amusedly stared at me while he climbed the small steps to our block.

I scowled at him, “Someone ghosted me since Friday.” I jabbed his ribs.

“Ow!” he groaned and held my hands preventing me from further hurting him, “I’m sorry”

I pulled away from him and walked to the entrance.

He stopped me by my arm, “Rhys look I’m really sorry. Things are really messed up for me and I can’t tell you anything. Please try to understand with me”

I pulled my arm from his hold and folded my arms in front of my chest, “If you can’t talk to me about it then at least find someone to talk to about it, maybe the school guardian counsellor”

He sighed, “I can’t but for your sake I’ll try”

A huge smiled was plastered on my face when I heard that. I was happy that whatever it was he was ready to take the first step in overcoming it and that was asking for help.

“I could really use a hug right now” he said softly, almost inaudibly.

Without hesitation I embraced him, “Everything will be fine” I assured him and rubbed his back.

He tightened his hold around me and buried his face in the crook of my neck.

“I didn’t know you were such a big baby” I tried to lighten his damp mood.

He chuckled and pulled away, “Now you know” he quickly wiped a tear from his cheek.

My smile faltered.
Since he didn’t want to talk about what was wrong with him I didn’t question him.

“How was your weekend?” I asked him and pulled him through the huge doors.

“Fine, I think?”

“Are you asking me? If you are then I have no answer for you” I chuckled and shook my head.

“So how was yours? You seem a lot happier today” he stared at me curiously.

A lazy smiled grazed my lips, “I do?”

“Yes that’s what I just said” he gave me a look.

“Oh please don’t be like that” I lightly slapped his shoulder, “I enjoyed my weekend. That’s all that needs to be said”

“It’s not like I needed to know the details anyways” he muttered.

I smacked the back of his head, “I heard that!”

He grimaced and rubbed the back of his head, “Getting more violent by the day”

“That was for being a dumbass”

“Me? How?”

“You were supposed to ask me what made my weekend enjoyable”

“Even though I don’t care?”

“Yes, Abel. That’s part of being a gentleman you know”

“How _” he took in deep breathes, “You know what? Never mind. Rhys darling, what made your weekend enjoyable?”

“Good, you're catching up pretty fast” I smiled happily and walked into our classroom, “Well you see, I’m a bowling champion” I told him excitedly.