12. Lunch in Class

MONDAY7:40AM

MONDAY
7:40AM

Yay! Monday has arrived yet again and I’m really excited to come to school.

Ugh, please!

No one hates school as much as I do.

Why do we have to wake up early every morning just to come to class, sit down and listen to a bunch of boring homo sapiens called teachers ramble on and on about useless stuff?
School is pure torture for us teenagers. Someone needs to lead a campaign against this nonsense.

It’s not like I prefer staying in bed all cuddled up and flipping through Netflix all day.
Since I don’t really have any hobby, anything outside of school is fine by me, especially food.
I know I talk a lot about food but to be honest, I’m no foodie.
Take it or leave it.

Dan stopped the car in front of my school and I sighed before walking into the school premises.
“Hi Abel!” I smiled at him as I climbed the small steps in front of our block.

“Hey Rhys. How was your weekend?”

“Amazing” I replied with a grin, “what about yours?”

“Definitely not amazing but not bad either” he said with a quiet laugh.

“You didn’t party?”

He chuckled, “I don’t party”

“That’s what they all say”

He rolled his eyes at me, “Let’s get inside already shall we?”

“We shall”

We walked into the building side by side.
Just like every other day I received lots of stares. Surprisingly, they weren’t glares. They were actually ….warm? Friendly! Are my yes playing tricks on me again?

“What’s happening?” I asked Abel and eyed everyone round me suspiciously.

“Oh! I forgot to tell. Everyone knows about your little stunt on Friday and BOOM! They now like you”

I shook my head and continued the journey to my class. A couple of people even said hi to me!
Damn Rhys. Aren’t you such a charmer? Now everyone loves and adores you.

The first few periods went well. Everyone was nice. No weird looks. No mean girls. That’s a relief.

During lunch break I was seated in class taking a can of coke and burger while completing a sketch I had been working on for quite a while.
I felt a burning gaze from somewhere in front of me. I looked in front of me and I saw Blaise leaning against the doorframe with his arms folded in front of him while he observed me.

“Are you just going to keep standing there and staring?” I lifted a brow at him.

“Would you prefer I come over and kiss you senseless?” there was a mischievous glint in his eyes.
For a moment I didn’t doubt that he could do that.

“I would rather let my neighbour’s chihuahua kiss me”

“Ouch!” he clutched is ‘wounded’ heart.

I rolled my eyes at him, “Why are you here?” I asked.

He pushed himself from the doorframe and sauntered towards my seat. “Happy to see you too.” He sat on Jake’s chair facing me and folded his arms of the backrest.
“I’m here to keep you company “

“I do not need your company. I have food here” I said happily.

“Oh thank you for offering me your food” he said and quickly stuffed the remained of my burger into his mouth and chewed it noisily. He chugged down my poor can of coke till it was almost empty.

My eyes watered at the sight before me, “Blaise that was my lunch! How dare you eat burger with such disrespect?”

He finished chewing and burped.

“Ew. Gross” I cringed.

“Are you worried about your lunch or how disrespectfully I ate burger?”

I folded my arms in front of me, “Both”

“Thanks for the meal” he stood up and started walking away.

“How dare you?” I threw pencil at him and it hit the back of his head lightly.

“Ow, woman! Are you trying to kill me?” he quickly turned to me.

“How can a pencil even _” I shook my head vigorously, “Nevermind. You ate my lunch, I could die of hunger you know?”

He had a smug smile on his face.

“What?” I frowned at the look on his face.

“Ice cream?” he asked.

“No”

“Why?”

“Brenda”

“Don’t worry about her. I’ll take care of her”

“Still, no”

“Why?”

“Lick the sole of your sure first”

“What?” he looked like I had grown six heads.

I giggled, “You should have seen your face”

It was his turn to frown.

“Oh, don’t worry, next time I’ll take a picture so you can see your face”

“Just shut up, will you?” he picked up my pencil from where it lay on the floor and handed it over to me.

Hiiiiiiii,

I hope you loved this one.

Don't forget to

Vote 🌟

And

Comment 💬